Motorcycle Forum banner

Navy/Marine riders getting licensed

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Misti 
#1 ·
Yo dudes,

If you're in the Navy or Marine Corps, and probably other services as well, don't pay for the BRC. It's free. Here's the website:

www.navymotorcyclerider.com

I almost spent $400 on the course, dude at work here saved me. Every base offers the course and it gets you the same benefits as any BRC. I guess it's also required to take every 3 years or so if you're riding on base.

Carry on.

#5 ·
The military has been fighting the "motorcycle accident" problem for years. It still drives them crazy. Young guys in the service go out and get a sport bike, and before you know it .... BAM ... they have demolished themselves and the bike. The Marines have been especially active at trying to figure out - how to make young guys safer on motorcycles. It ISN'T easy.

I guess they are still trying, and these on-base classes must be part of the program. It's an uphill battle for them to keep guys in one piece - accident free - on the streets of America. But at least they are trying!

dT

#8 ·
It is a big problem and the military has hired Keith Code to run several on base training sessions to help improve the skill level of those that already have their riding licence. I coached several of those and they were always fun and rewarding! Improving your skill level and being ready for emergency situations can often save your life. I'm glad the military is looking for ways to keep their own safe.

#6 ·
I thought they already knew how to calm them down and ride safe. Send them to war. When they get back they don't feel like they are invincible. Seemed to work in WW2 anyway.

#7 ·
TM - bear in mind any tickets and/or accident (your fault or not) and you are back in class again before you can ride. I think you get one do-over and that's it, you are walking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.