Motorcycle Forum banner

The one that got away...

3K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  DianneB 
#1 ·
Well, l was hoping to buy this great FJ1200 that was forsale. I knew it was a low chance, but still hoping. Well, it fell through today. Fricka fracka :(

One thing l have learned from this is to wait for what l want. There are a million bikes out there...that doesn't mean l need to run out and buy the first set of wheels that comes rolling down the street. The search goes on...

#12 ·
When the right one came along.............I just "knew." Can't explain it really.......all the stars were aligned or something like that. It calls to me. Happens when I'm choosing a guitar, a ukulele, a dog, a truck,the wife............it just "happens."

-Soupy

#19 ·
Cool stuff today. We got home from our trip and the guy with the FJ in my area did not sell it this weekend. I was going to go look at it tonight but he asked if we could postpone it because his kid was able to stay another day after the 4th of July weekend. Absolutely, family comes first. We made arrangements to meet up on Friday.

In the meantime, there is a guy on the FJ forum that l had been chatting with that knows quite a bit about them. He lives in LA. He gave me his number and l called him. We chatted about the older FJ's for over an hour, and l came away knowing so much more about them than l had, and feel a lot better prepared to go look at one. I have also been talking with another guy that lives in Portland, and it turns out they know each other! He said the guy in Portland is a great guy and was really knowledgeable as well, so l feel like l am getting in with some great guys who can really help me along with my new motorcycling endeavor :)

#38 ·
Any thing with breast will cause problems and or cost you money.
I can't categorically refute that statement (as much as I would like to). I do know one woman who drinks excessively and never buys her own drinks, a couple more who have more shoes and clothes than a department store, and then, of course, there are a few women who have the "motorcycle addiction".

Frivolous spending isn't confined to women though. There are men who race or collect expensive cars, who golf every available opportunity, or what have you.

The key in life is to find a partner with the same addiction you have and live happily (and broke)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.