Motorcycle Forum banner

Road king question

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Badlands-4-2 
#1 ·
I just bought me a brand new road king last Friday and I was wondering is there anyway to make it a lil louder without dropping a bunch of money into? I don't want it much louder just a lil, can I knock the baffles out or something along those lines? Thanks

#4 ·
Congratulations on the purchase. I love the Road King. If you have bought a Harley you will eventually learn that modifications are an enjoyable part of the experience. But they do cost. Even if you were to knock out the baffles, you would need to remap the injection because of the change in flow. Get quality aftermarket pipes and a propper retune. You will be money ahead in the long term. Also, post a picture of your now bike in the Harley pictures thread.:71baldboy:

#5 ·
Check into the screamin' eagle pipes. I believe they have an option that gives you a little more rumble without having to remap.

Knocking out the baffles is the wrong way to go about making modifications. Why risk ruining the engine or shortening it's life on a guess at back-pressure? A new motor is going to cost a heck of a lot more than a remap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.