Motorcycle Forum banner

Accent Lights!!! Help

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  HawgRidaz 
#1 ·
Anyone with experience putting accent lights on their bike?

I want to put some inside my grom sooooooo bad but the idea of messing with wires worries me! I don't want to jack up my engine or something.

Any advice or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Best advice I can offer: get this book, either from a store, or from your local library, and study it. It does a fantastic job of explaining all things electrical on a bike. What you learn will serve you well whether servicing a failed electrical system, or adding additional lights (without overloading the charging system!). It explains almost everything you need to know for your project. Cheers!
:coffee:

#4 ·
Best advice I can offer: *book link*, either from a store, or from your local library, and study it. It does a fantastic job of explaining all things electrical on a bike. What you learn will serve you well whether servicing a failed electrical system, or adding additional lights (without overloading the charging system!). It explains almost everything you need to know for your project. Cheers!
:coffee:
Great book and suggestion. It seems like a common error for folks is to install too many goodies that consumes power faster than the charging system can handle. Just got a used bike I inherited from my brother and I stripped off one of those ground lights and the old alarm system. Thinking of switching some lights to LED as well to further reduce the wattage on the bike.

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.