Motorcycle Forum banner

help 87 radian idle issue

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hogcowboy 
#1 ·
i have a 87 yamaha radian. i had the carbs looked over and synced. i got the bike back and it started up and idled like a dream. i went on a ride and after about 5 minutes my bike started to rev up about 5k at an idle. i stopped and idled it down with a screw on the carbs. by the time i had made it back home it was idled back up to around 4k rpm. the carb boots had cracks in them so we started it and sprayed starter fluid on them and we didnt find any leaks. so then out of the blue the bike started running fine again. so next week im riding it and the bike started to feel very bogged down. i was coming up to a stop sign and it died so i had to pop start it and i made it back to my subdivision. as soon as i pulled the clutch it died and coasted up my driveway. it would not start for a week. so then i decided to put the bike on prime because petcock problems are common in these bikes and it started up. i drove it in my subdivision without any problem. i shut it off for 5 minutes to grab my jacket and go for a longer ride. when i went back out and started it and it was very tempermental. when i feathered the clutch it would rev super high and hang there for a couple seconds. please help i am dumbfounded by this problem.
thanks, Bobby

#3 ·
Why didn't you take it back where you had the sync done so they could see what you are now complaining about? I do see you must have another post with the same question so if you answered a similar post excuse this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.