Motorcycle Forum banner

Track Days at night in Qatar

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Bologna998 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I've done something really silly and went to Qatar in October for three track days at Losail International Circuit. We rode two nights and one day. The heat was blistering - even at night it had more than 30°C. During daytime it was all about who made it to the fan first. :biggrin:

Here is a video of the second night:

I'm the guy in front and the camera is mounted on the bike of ex-GP winner Simon Crafar. He was my instructor. o_O

I was nowhere near any track record, but that was an absolutely amazing experience. It is surreal to ride with all this artificial light around you. The BMW S1000RR was also a pleasure to ride. Max. speed of all three days was around 285 km/h. Great times. :)

#4 ·
re: Qatar Track Days

Thanks guys! :71baldboy:

It was fast but I never felt unsafe. There was always a good buffer at corner entry. I only had two moments where I felt weird - when I first opened the throttle completely in second gear (1hp/kg) and when I scrateched the asphalt with my footpeg - that really shouldn't happen on a superbike. I think apart from this that bike has a lot of reserves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.