Motorcycle Forum banner

1993 honda xl200r mystery wire

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hogcowboy 
#1 ·
Hi all. I am helping a friend get his old xl200r 1983 model up and running. Years ago he fractured the left side cover over the stator and he picked up a replacement on ebay. So, upon taking the old cover off, we saw a green / grey wire without a terminal on it kind of tucked away by the stator. Does anyone know where it would terminate or route to?

I tried to post a link to a site with a diagram of the stator but cannot as I am a first time poster - and it shows the wire but no termination. I found the diagram on hondapowersportsoftroy under honda xl200 1983

It has a "clean" end and no evidence of anything ever being attached. Does it just get stuffed in somewhere? Any tips to avoid problems?

Thanks in advance.

Vectrose

#2 ·
Happy Easter Vectrose!! I did some research online and came up empty. I happen to have an old running 1982 XL250R in my shop so I pulled the stator cover and it also has that wire, and it goes no where. My best guess is that Honda uses that stator in other models too and perhaps those other models require that wire, but yours and mine don't. Wish I could be more helpful, perhaps someone else in here will be able to help. In the mean time, I would tuck it away and continue the project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.