Motorcycle Forum banner

Around the world on a 24 year old moped.

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MONI 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.

Over the past 7 months or so I've ridden a 24 year old Honda c90 from the Uk to Ghana. I'm heading for a round the world ride but I'm marooned in Ghana for the time being whilst I sort out a replacement passport! Hence, filling on my time by joining motorcycle forums.

If anyone is interested you can find my website through searching liam c90 (I'm not allowed to put links on yet)

Hope your all well!

#3 ·
This posting reminds me of two TV series we watched on Netflix streaming, featuring Ian McGregor, and a sidekick actor of less renown. McGregor played the young Obiwan Kenobi in the second trilogy of Star Wars movies, the pre-quels.

Their first journey, and series, is titled, "The Long Way Round", a journey around the world, on two wheels. They took a film crew along, as well as a third cyclist cameraman, documenting their preparations, and their entire journey. The show is quite entertaining -- both guys are hilarious, both are jokesters. It is great fun to watch them: some of what they do is downright wrong, and much of what they do, is hard to imagine, as you would never guess the things which happen.

A few years later, they decided to do it again, only for this trip, they went from Scotland, to the southern tip of Africa. Same film crew, same camera man on a third bike. Great fun, new adventures, many similar mishaps along the way. This second series, titled, "The Long Way Down", is also very entertaining to watch.

I highly recommend both series, but they'll be more fun to watch during the off-riding season for those of us who can't ride year-round. Cheers! :coffee:

#4 ·
I've always said, you don't need a tourer to tour. I wouldn't have the number of miles I have if that was the case. Just take what you have and go! Thumbs up to ya bud.

#5 ·
Cheers guys.

Yeah I've watched the Long way Round/Down series a few times. Got one of them on dvd. It was pretty big in Britain. They're a good watch but its a shame they covered the distances in 3 months. I think they're planning to do Argentina to Alaska or the other way round next. Although the 'Long way up' doesn't have the same ring it would be great to watch... even though their bikes cost more than my entire trip!

#9 ·
Thanks for posting the link Badlands!

What a trip Liam!! I'm going to need a lot more time on your site. I absolutely love seeing life and scenery from other parts of the world. Thank you for sharing your trip with us. Do take care of yourself over there and stay safe!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.