Motorcycle Forum banner

smooth ride?

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Oldman47 
#1 ·
Recently had the opportunity to test ride 2 diffferent Victorys. Loved the feel, balance and handling of both machines. However both had a rumble feel like setting on a bass speaker in all speeds. Sales rep rode both and said they
rode great. Have spoken to several Victory owners and all said best bike they have ever ridden. What am I missing?

Presently have 2011 road King with problem so tired of the local dealer attitude about addressing my warrenty problem. May be the time for a change.

Tom

#5 ·
Is it possible you might be feeling the exhaust system instead of hearing it? I'm thinking maybe the Road King is louder versus the Victory and therefore you aren't hearing the exhaust at the same time as feeling it because the Vic is quieter. Maybe????

#6 ·
Which 2 Model Victory's did you Test ?? The Cross Roads is the closest will find to a Road King .. If get their Tri Oval Stage 1 Exhaust, it sounds pretty decent .. The Stock Exhaust on all Victory's is lame .. I have the Cross Country which is closest in compare to a Street Glide .. I added Freedom True Duals Exhaust and a Lloyds High Flow Air Filter and Sounds and Runs Great ..

#10 ·
Was late 2012 before finally fought off the HD Syndrome after 40+ Years of owning almost exclusively HD .. Took a Victory Test Ride on most all their Models and the Rest is now History .. Going to the SE Victory Rally in Helen in late May and Going to let Lloydz Motorworks work some of their Magic on my XC and then enjoy some of the true power this machine was made to handle ..

#11 ·
Recently had the opportunity to test ride 2 diffferent Victorys. Loved the feel, balance and handling of both machines. However both had a rumble feel like setting on a bass speaker in all speeds. Sales rep rode both and said they
rode great. Have spoken to several Victory owners and all said best bike they have ever ridden. What am I missing?

Presently have 2011 road King with problem so tired of the local dealer attitude about addressing my warrenty problem. May be the time for a change.

Tom
Think about what you just said. Trouble with a dealer over warranty issues means that you actually have warranty issues. My 13 months old Victory has been in the shop 4 times so far. 500 miles break in service, 5000 miles routine service, 10,000 miles+/- for a real warranty repair, 13500 miles for a crash repair, my fault. I presently have 14,500 miles on my Vision with just a single warranty claim that was handled without any dramatics. The warranty repair required a 50 miles tow at no charge to me and accomplished the 10k service at no charge because they had to drain the oil to do the repair and of course used new oil and filter during reassembly. My FLTRU was in the shop repeatedly for warranty work. I would guess it was between monthly and every 6 weeks for things not related to the engine and drive train. Those things seemed to be solid. I had a new TSSM, Turn Signal Security Module, installed, a brake switch replaced, a turn signal switch dried/cleaned, a shift lever replaced, a tank slapper adjusted out by torquing the steering head, etc. Not exactly a favorable set of circumstances for a new bike in under 18 months.
Never go back and have issues with a dealer. Get a bike that does not require all that ****.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.