Motorcycle Forum banner

New handlebars V-Star 1300

15K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Tankhead 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I found the Wiki page for the V-Star 1300. I'm wanting to change up my handlebars because of the pain in my upper neck I get after riding for any longer than an hour. I'm short at 5'9 and heard that this bike is comfortable for anyone who is 6' and above.

On the Wiki page, it says I can use the Royal Star Tour Deluxe stock handle bars. It says we can use the end weights. What exactly are the end weights? And can I use my stock grips or do I have to use the grips for a RSTD? Is this the best option? I work at a motorcycle dealership/shop and they are $190 after tax plus my 15% discount. I don't get it at cost for another 2 months. So I plan on just getting it online since it's cheaper.

Oh, we just got in a burnt orange '14Kawasaki ZX-14R. Oh it's so sick!

Let me know! Thanks!

#2 ·
I'm not sure about the grips, but more than likely when you try remove them you will damage the left one.....after market grips are not expensive though....as for end weights, it's just a small weight that goes in the handlebar...some are weighted end caps and some go up into the bar...here's a page that sort of explains them

http://www.manicsalamander.com/faq/...-resonant-frequency-and-reduce-vibration.aspx

#6 ·
I finally decided to check out SS Custom Cycle. There are just sooo many handlebars. I couldn't even know where to begin on which ones to narrow it down to. I like the position of the stock handlebars, just pulled back more. Whatever it takes for the pain in my upper back/lower neck to go away after riding for an hour. After an hour, it's just too damn painful to ride and I want to take my bike on a 300 mile trip to Dallas soon.

Oh and if I could get black bars, that would be great!

#7 ·
Call Shane at SS Custom Cycle. He's really informative to talk to and has what you will need at the cheapest prices. I would know. If you're going to replace your handlebars, you might as well replace your front springs. Progressive 1126 or 1145. The 1145s are stiffer. The best $200 I ever spent on this MC was on new springs and handlebars. I don't know if you're aware of this site but, it has some really good how-to's on mods for our MC. http://1300tourer.com/content/how-section. I enjoy the added safety, performance and handling of these mods. The how-to's make it so easy. Enjoy your ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.