Motorcycle Forum banner

BMW R1200C Saddlebags

10K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  tnord 
#1 ·
My dad bought himself his first bike late last year (BMW R1200C) and since I'm a bit more experienced both with motorcycles and with navigating the internet, he asked me to try to figure out his luggage options for his BMW.

Upon a first look, it looks to me like the "official" saddlebags he could shoot for is going to cost upwards of $500+ new. It also looks like there might be some off-brand leather bags he can buy for much cheaper, or possibly some non-saddlebag luggage options.

Essentially, I'm looking for luggage information for an R1200C and don't really know where to begin. What do people typically do with this type of a bike?

#7 ·
No Engine Number on Plate ? Stolen or never stamped?

I live in a state that requires the engine number when getting the title transferred. I figured out what "part number" was used as the engine number because the cast plate on the engine is blank. How is this possible? Anyone heard of this before?
The raised "dimpling" on the plate appears to be a security type surface that would obviously show if anyone had tried to file or remove a number. As you can see in my post it looks virgin and untouched. Are there engine cases available that don;t have numbers?

1998 r1100r Thanks.

I will post the pic when I figure out how to do it later, have to run right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.