Motorcycle Forum banner

Post up pics of your Sportbikes !!

38K views 126 replies 75 participants last post by  Hammerhead 
#1 ·
Didn't see an official pic thread so post them up.. maybe a lil intro or info also.

#11 · (Edited)
Thank you :D They are not common as streetbikes because of EPA emissions restrictions. I believe they've imported roughly a hundred or so 2009s with 90% of them being used as "track only" bikes. Mine was delivered without mirrors, lights, etc and I've had to convert it to street use and for plating purposes. I paid the dealer cost of 3200 plus another 800 for the "conversion" kit (new wiring harness, switches, relays, lights, plate holder, mirrors and horn). However, they are a common street bike in Europe especially in the UK because the restricted version (no RAVE power valve/solenoid and restricted ECU) complies with their "tiered" licensing scheme. I think Aprilia stopped producing the RS 125 in 2010 because of tighter EU emissions and the successor is the new RS4 125 with a four stroke engine and with half the horsepower (17 bhp vs. 34 bhp) My bike is an absolute blast to ride in the twisties because of the ridiculous light weight, GP suspension geometry and the super sticky Pirelli Diablo Rosso tires. Talk about flickable! It's also not as common as Ninjas. About the only thing that takes a little getting used to is the goofy 2T torque/power curve. Not much power under 4-5,000 rpm but once it hits 8,000 you need to hold onto your balls. :D

#16 ·
lot of cool bikes; I will wait til I get a nicer one to post pics.

I liked Villena's Aprilia and that Ducati from earlier. any coincidence that they're both italians and they're my favorites? It's like this, if someone dropped a bag filled with $7500 in it, what would I get? I love Suzukis and CBRs. But if you really want the full coolness effect, Ducati is up there, followed by aprilia a close second. I've met a woman before who's admitted she would instantly surrender to anyone owning a ducati. hearing stuff like this impressed the young(er) man I was then. Do I ride bikes because of chicks, however? No. But I am aware of the potential it gives a guy, however.

And yet. As a NYCer, my primary concern with expensive motorbikes would always be theft, however.

#22 · (Edited)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.