Motorcycle Forum banner

Choopers done HIDIOUSLY! O_O

22K views 70 replies 36 participants last post by  ottawa rogue 
#1 ·
Yeah, there are some BEAUTIFUL bikes out there. Some machines that make you want to step back and break out the white gloves, they are so sweet...

Sadly, there is also the other side of the bell curve, and I wish to dedicate this thread to them. Maybe, just maybe, someone who is thinking about building a chopper will look here and be scarred into a frenzy of machine perfection!

Here is my first submissions for your viewing displeasure =(

See less See more
1 2
#7 ·
looks like a hunterkiller flying machine from terminator

I would proudly roll into work with that though (I work as a professional geek at a geek company that is large enough to have their own private geek only parking lot which would make it more amusing)

#23 ·
Exactly right Allen! I dont like that Jason kid, I think that's his name. Always shooting off his mouth, but that seems to be the way that place operates.
I just drove past OCC's dealership last week, was real tempted to stop in, had been driving for 5 hours and was towing my boat home.

#25 ·
Not a fan of choppers myself. They are beautiful bikes, but ive yet to come across one that was easy on the ass and back. OCC did some great work, and ive heard that if the series isn't revived by this new build they are doing could result in losing senior all together from the show.

#27 ·
I know I'm abit late on this thread but it covers one of my biggest pet peeves so I felt that I just had to go on record..:biggrin:

Yep!..There's some real lookers posted on this thread thats fer sure...:rolleyes:

But if you wanna see some real winners just go to CL & type in chopper or bobber for sale & you'll see some of the worst "MC Mishaps" for the most ridiculus asking prices you can imagine!..:eek:

Espescially in the XS650 dept..:eek: I've seen XS chops-n-bobs on CL with the so-called "builder" is asking $3000.00,yet I wouldn't pay more than the motorsize because the bike qualifies as a running basket case..:frown: Most of them look like something the "Our Gang" would throw together!!..My friends & I call'em "Zappa Bikes" cause they look like something Frank Zappa would've built....No offense to Frank though...:biggrin:

I mean don't get me wrong,I'll promote bike riding,building & tinkering to anyone that seems curious enough to inquire about "my wrenchin' addictions" but building a custom bike doesn't mean "try to reinvent the wheel"...There are basic building templates that should be followed when building a custom bike & you only need to pickup an issue of The Horse,etc to realize them....This is why people who know how rock-n-roll works musically never bother to audition kazoo players..:biggrin:

#29 ·
I think some of these bikes are just art and don't even deserve to be called motorcycles. They are sculptures. A motorcycle ought to have a minimum of functionality and some of these abominations are virtually unrideable, except in a straight line for about 100 yards.

Combining form and function in an aesthetically pleasing package is what it's all about and few people are capable of that. You can't just bolt on/cut off a bunch of stuff or follow some formula and end up with a gorgeous bike.

#30 ·
I was at an airshow and there was a OCC bike on display, behind glass. I was stunned at how crappy it was, lack of attention to detail, it was - **** wearing makeup.

Anyway, I'm far from perfect, should not be criticizing OCC as they make a lot more money than I do, whatever...

Hideous choppers, OK, here is one I saw in person:

Check this out - -

#34 ·
What do you want, full penetration welds that have no spatter on them?

The OCC bikes on display right now at the link are almost all extended front ends with oversize front wheels and no suspension to speak of. I would not ride any of them.
BTW, you need to be very patient if you want to see the pictures. I am betting the site uses full resolution photos and has too many to a page. It takes a lot of data to read in a whole page.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.