Motorcycle Forum banner

Pictures of my indian

26K views 64 replies 32 participants last post by  335 
#1 ·
before paint

Oh yeah, my ugly face is in that pic too.

After paint

See less See more
#53 ·
This post was a long time ago but here goes:

The OP's bike may have the Indian decal but it's got a Harley Davidson engine and trans, maybe made by S&S and that's not a bad thing because parts will always be available. New ones were seldom over $10,00 to $12,000.

Don't confuse the antique, classic, original Indians with these clones, made by companies that 'bought' the name and thought that the name alone would spell success---but they all went out of business.

The next re-opening of Indian produced a beautiful bike with their own engine and I thought it would succeed but not after testing by the major magazines. Basically, for a very expensive price new, it vibrated their fillings out on the test and it produced nominal power. This attempt at resurrection of Indian failed also.

Enter Polaris, with money and technology to really make the Indian name fly and it has. In my very humble opinion the new Indians put all the others to shame.

Sam:):coffeescreen:

#57 ·
Here's a question for ya...........do Indians have much torque on the low end?

In other words, (for those of you from Lormalinda, New Mexico).........does it get "off the line" quick, or is it sluggish?

-Soupy

#62 ·
Soupy, the reason folks love the big cruisers is because of the superb low to mid range power. They are so much easier to ride and torque supplies the smiles. You may ride an entire mountain range and never leave 4th or 5th gear:)

Ride any Victory, HD big twin, Kawasaki, Yamaha or Suzuki big cruiser and you'll be hooked. The cadence and relaxed docile of these big engines is very relaxing.

Some of these big V-twin cruisers have as much torque at 2,000 rpms than some sportsbikes have at redline.

As the late, great Rodney King, the spokesman for moral living and non-violence once said: "Can't we all just get along?"

Sam:)

#63 ·
Soupy, the reason folks love the big cruisers is because of the superb low to mid range power. They are so much easier to ride and torque supplies the smiles. You may ride an entire mountain range and never leave 4th or 5th gear:)...........The cadence and relaxed docile of these big engines is very relaxing............Some of these big V-twin cruisers have as much torque at 2,000 rpms than some sportsbikes have at redline...............Sam:)

Thanks

-Soupy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.