Motorcycle Forum banner

Cops doing 100mph to write a ticket...

42K views 230 replies 34 participants last post by  Stablefull 
#1 ·

See less See more
#77 ·
They(7/11's) are all owned/operated by foreigners here. In fact very little owned by Americans. Well, they don't speak English anyway. That's here. Maybe better other places.

#78 ·
Around here, they all still speak English with little or no accent. The Mr. C's is the place the Mid Eastern employees work. There's one a half block from my shop, the owner brings his car to me, but so does the Manager of the closest 7/11. I'm an equal opportunity capitalist. If they got money and they want their car fixed, here I am. :D

You should move to a State mostly occupied by Americans. ;)

#80 ·
I stopped at a Shell station in Tulsa last week. The guy didn't speak English at all, he was from India I am guessing. I don't remember seeing a name on the place, and all the receipt has is an address. Gas was $297 for ethanol, but the 93 octane was $3.65. That I could understand.

#82 ·
Something i think people have not mentioned is how much the police forces have gone out of their way to get people with only a specific personality type.

I had a friend of mine who was 52, he had retired from having his own chiropractor practice and became a police officer. After 4 months of the job he was asked to leave because he was too nice.

Let me say that again, he was asked to leave because he was too nice. :confused: Apparantly he would ask people what was going on in a situation and listen to them and the local P.D. decided because of this he was not controlling the situation and was at risk of getting hurt and getting a fellow officer hurt because..... he asked questions first. The hiring practices of the police force look for someone who has never been caught for a crime, and lets face it, that at the very least we have all committed crimes such as speeding or the like. This creates a group of people who think that they are better than everyone else and fails to understand the motivation of those who do and how to best handle the situation.

#88 ·
Was an assistant manager at a retail store and a customer came in throwing a temper tantrum because he got ticketed for doing 50 in a 35. His mentality was, unfortunately, the same as yours wadenelson. He mentioned the officer had to speed to catch him which meant the officer "broke the law".
This is what I said to him, and of course, he didn't understand.
"Sir, it's the same as me being in this uniform, going behind the counter, using the register and taking your money. If you were to do the same thing, it would be stealing." Point is, there are certain things employees need to do, that YOU are not allowed to do, to accomplish that task at hand. People fail to understand that somehow.
If your familiar with state laws, cops are exempt when they are responding to any crime. Besides, just because you drive 70 miles round trip to and from work, does not make you a good driver. Law Enforcement are trained to be able to handle high speed.

#93 ·
Because they drove too fast for the conditions. Each state has a different requirements for training. Can't use CHP as a nation wide law enforcement training example. I know Washington State Patrol does this vigorous training, but keep in mind, it rains 9+ months a year here. Im sure they can handle certain situations better than the Arizona Patrol.

I am very familiar with WSP's training procedure. I have been on their driving course, been in a vehicle with a trooper as a civilian. It is not something the average or even experienced person can successfully accomplish. Taking a 110 degree turn going 135 MPH, lose control on 1/4" of water going 40 mph and regain control. These are not things that us experienced drivers are trained to do.

#95 ·
Car stalled in intersection. Cop car ahead of us --- we figure he'll do a U-turn, help the guy out, or at least turn on his lights and direct traffic around the stalled vehicle.

Nope. Ignores him, gets on the on-ramp and takes off. No lights, no siren, no apparent code.

So WE go on tot he next intersection, U-turn, circle back, hook the guy up with our tow strap and tow him to the gas station 300 yards ahead.

"Protect and Serve?" Pffffft.

I'm lying there on the ground hooking up the tow strap, at risk of some guy rear-ending this guy and getting rolled over, wondering if I will ever view cops as "good guys" again in my lifetime. He could have at LEAST blocked traffic protecting me or a tow truck drievr from harm.

#97 ·
Like you said No apparent code. Do you realize that we don't use our lights for the majority of calls? Unless it's a true "oh ****" emergency lights are not used.

Of course he could have been just lazy, but if you don't have all the facts how can you form an opinion?

#99 ·
A lot of LEO deaths with crashes are usually very young officers with the Superman attitude. We grow, we learn, just like any other job.
That is a very good and honest point. I thought I was a pretty good driver until I took a three day course at the old Sears Point raceway.

Speaking of LEO, we just lost two more here in California, by some idiot illegal, both left families behind. What a terrible shame. RIP

#101 ·
Yes it is very difficult for everyone involved and even more so when the loss is due to some scum that should have been executed or at the very least never released from prison or by a drunk/druggie. The circumstances makes a huge difference in the whole healing process. These two factors makes that process very rough.

#102 ·
Trooper doing 120mph on way to a crash scene kills 3

"Because of the nature of the crash, the roof of the car was ripped off and my kids were unrecognizable," Schlau said. Police officers were able to identify Jessica by her license. Kelli was too young to be carrying ID, Schlau said, but they could tell she was a child by the braces in her mouth.

In the following days, weeks and months, details began to emerge about the circumstances of the deadly accident. The trooper was driving at over 120 mph when the crash occurred. He'd reportedly been responding to another crash scene.

The trooper ... later said he did not hear a dispatcher say that the initial crash had already been secured.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...48_831080203601371_831080203601371#f29513c00c

#103 ·
#110 ·
The heck they do! Or maybe they do where you are. Americans don't! Most cops are great. Now we do get ticked when it comes to the bad ones. Are you suggesting you are one of the bad ones? I didn't think so. I tried so hard not to be racial here.:D

#111 ·
Bad cops just make my job harder. A lot of police departments/sheriffs offices have pretty low hiring standards and they usually are the ones that hire the ones that shouldn't be officers. You get what you pay for and with some departments only starting out at less than 20K a year you can imagine what they get for candidates.

#112 ·
This weekend a black / hispanic guy shot and killed a Tarpon Springs cop then ran him over.

I didn't see anything on the national news about it. I doubt there will be any protests demanding justice.

While looking this up on-line I see that recently a black suspect assassinated two NY cops. I think one was hispanic and the other asian.

I don't see Al Sharpton raising a fuss or see Obama mourning that one of those dead cops could be his son.

Don't see how either of those three deaths are any less appalling then Eric Gardner's, but apparently the race baiters do.

#113 ·
I wonder if he is going to lead protesters in New York yelling "What do we want? -- Dead Criminals, When do we want them? -- Now."

Obama had a press meeting for Trayvon, Michael and Eric. But he's too busy on vacation in Hawaii to do more than release a statement for the officers.

This whole mess is really sad! But I still say it's about criminals. It wasn't about race until Sharpton, Obama and a few others got involved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.