Motorcycle Forum banner

Motorcyclist that attempts to cross a wash catches it all on video

23K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Shadow Shack 
#1 ·
Motorists are often warned not to cross roads that are washed out as a result of a flash flood. One rider attempted to cross just such an area while filming the ride.

In September of last year, heavy rains washed over Colorado. Many roads were considered unsafe to travel on due to the flash floods that resulted, including the one near Boulder where the video was shot.

A rider on a dual sport motorcycle tried to cross a particularly bad area, while filming it with his GoPro camera. While the beginning of the attempt looked rough, the deepening water and washed out road proved to be more than the motorcycle or rider could handle.

Swift currents soon made the rider lose all control of the motorcycle. The rider and motorcycle were quickly washed away.

Luckily, the rider was uninjured and was able to make his way to safety. The motorcycle was lost in the flood. Two weeks later, the motorcycle was recovered and reportedly the rebuilding process was begun.

GoPro has acquired the video, added music, and turned it into an ad for the GoPro Hero 3.

[The Blaze]

See less See more
#9 ·
--

I wonder if he would have as reckless if he didn't have the GoPro to "prove" his heroic stance.

If you watch some of the following videos, you can see some guys on mountain bikes barreling down some narrow ridges and doing jumps over rocky ledges and huge dropoffs. I can't even watch that derring-do for more than a few moments before I get dizzy and turn it off.:eek:

--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.