Motorcycle Forum banner

Biker's Prayer...

22K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  chaindad 
#1 ·
Well spring has sprung & hopefully most of us are getting a few miles in...
Here's a prayer for our 2009 riding season...God bless & ride safe!!!!

Lord thanks for the privelege of riding today, hard on the throttle, wind in my face, my spirit free as the beauty of your world passes by.
Help me to ride safe & be courteous & patient. Thanks for paving the highway to heaven Jesus, when you gave your life for me on the cross. Help me to live my life for you
Lord I'm sorry for the things I've said & done to hurt others & you. Help me to say a kind word to the folks along the way today.
Lord, please go ahead to guide me, stay beside me for comfort & behind me for protection. Thanks for setting me free!
In Jesus' name...
Amen

#11 ·
me too. In Jesus' name. . amen :)

If there is an accident, and someone says 'heaven only knows what went wrong'?
I always say "maybe it isn't heaven that has jurisdiction over accidents, maybe it's hell."
dc
oftentimes the lord will allow us adversity in some form or another. Not cuz he wants us hurt, but simply to test us and make us stronger. He will never give us more than we can handle. This goes for accidents/falls as well.

Ride safe everyone. He is with us always.

mike

#6 ·
If there is an accident, and someone says 'heaven only knows what went wrong'?
I always say "maybe it isn't heaven that has jurisdiction over accidents, maybe it's hell."
So ... "Maybe hell only knows what went wrong."
I do miscellaneous sacrifices to the motorcycle spirits and gods, or road gods, or whatever. I like to cover all bases.
Some bikers have to spill beer in all 4 directions of the compass, something like that. For good luck or whatever it might be.
dc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.