Motorcycle Forum banner

Safest Motorcycle Jacket For Road Bike

18K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  UBERK 
#1 ·
I haven’t been able to find a web site for reliable reviews. Can you please recommend a motorcycle jacket that has great safety features? I have a road bike and prefer something without all the big logo’s and lettering.

#3 ·
Jackets

Rev-It and First gear both make great jackets along with others but my first hand experience shows that money equals performance. Spend as much as you can and get the best you can afford. Its a lot cheaper than medical bills!! I like the Rev-It sand , loaded with features and great for all but the hottest days at which time I switch to my First Gear mesh. ATPATT

#5 ·
In general, you get what you pay for, although if you want to look trendy, you will pay some for the looks. As mentioned before, spend as much as you can.

But remember, even the best jacket does no good if not worn. Try it on and then sit on a bike. Good bike gear is designed to be most comfortable when you are actually on the bike. Jackets made for a motorcycle have a lot of pads and are bulky and are intended to be somewhat tight, so that the material does not flap in the breeze, and the pads will be in the right place if you ever need them to do their jobs.

#6 ·
get a good solid leather jacket.
it will cost you substantial $$.

the leather will really only save you from road rash.
not even that ... completely. just mostly.
if it's got built-in pads, that might help a bit.

but a coat is not going to save you much in serious injuries if you hit something solid, like a telephone pole or a car. the only thing i've seen that could really help are those new motorcycle airbags. Dainese has one coming, but it's not issued to street riders yet. And apparently it will be pretty expensive.

so it boils down to really good riding skills and street smarts.

good luck,
dT

#7 ·
Yellow jacket to be seen. Being in CA maybe an air jacket with a zip out rain liner. Look at Dennis Kirk Outlet, motrcycle superstore, bike bandit and their closeout sections. You can get last years brand name jacket and helmet s and other things for 50-60% off the price of new. A good jacket should have back, elbow/arm and shoulder protection inserts. Good jackets can be had without breaking the bank for under $200. a jacket without armour looks cooler and more aesthetic but you really need the armour for max protection.

#8 ·
I recently bought a DAINESE yes its very expensive but this jacket is nice and tight and fits like a glove, it has elbow protectors , shoulder and it came with a back protector , because i got it as a package deal, dont mind me, just showing you guys and gals a pic

#10 ·
Rev-It

I also have the rev-it sand jacket and pants and have logged many miles without any problems. A very well thought out jacket. I also have coratech mesh for midsummer and just bought a first gear Yellow. At first I didn't want the bright color but as time passed the see and be seen motto has taken on a whole new meaning. I ride in Boston and have worn the Revit with all liners in 20 degree weather and been fine although I did purchase heated gloves.
Get the gear and ALways wear it!!

#17 · (Edited)
Kilamanjaro jacket for cool/colder weather with liner. Without liner in between temps. Bought on Dennis kirk outlet for $150 several years ago. Normally a $350 jacket. It's also waterproof and has armour in elbows, shoulders, back. Have worn and been comfortable down to 25 F. Armoured mesh jacket with zip-out liner for warmer weather. any brand is pretty good. Can find leftovers for under $100. Both First Gear products.

#20 ·
motorcycle leather jackets qualitys

Hi As a manufacturer of the motorbike leather jacket I think simply safety is the priority for any rider so the cost should not matter. Look if someone can invested over the heavy bike then he should have appropriate budget to buy the safety jacket to save himself from any troubble
Quality cowhide leather jacket with reliable armors into the jacket should be the ist choice then 2nd matter is its fitting with the body, remember the more tight fitting within the body means that you are more safer rather then lose fittings.

regards
Ejaz

#21 · (Edited)
BMW Rallye III...love mine. Not cheap, but worth it. Better armor than both my A-Star jackets, tons of pockets, excellent ventilation...

The IV's are due out this fall, most dealers will begin to clear the way by offering discounts on the III's.

Only wish I could afford a pair of the matching pants.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.