Motorcycle Forum banner

Custom paint on tank

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  ichij 
#1 ·
I want to get this painted onto my gas tank inside a cloud. I went to a local shop that gave me an estimate of 500. This is a tattoo that I have on my arm. It has signaficant meaning to me. My mother passed away a few years ago to Breast Cancer. On the way home from the funeral, there where hundreds of dragonfly's in the yard, and one just came up and landed on the wiper and looked at us. At every family function, there's always a dragonfly there... Does 500 sound reasonable?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I assume we're talking "air brushing" it on, right? The bike I bought in March had some air-brush work (Feathers and pin striping) on the gas tank and fenders; but I don't recall what I was told was the price for that. ($500.00 sounds a bit steep, since there is not an enormous amount of "picture" there to do).

Question: Are you going to put "Dale" on there as well, or just the dragonfly?

Here's a quick non-narrated video of the bike I bought in March, showing the air-brushing work that was done:

-Soupy

#6 ·
I kept my mouth shut but was thinking if you are having that put on both sides of the tank, then the price isn't bad. But just one does seem a little high. I'm basing it on what I had recently done on my fairing for $400.

#8 ·
If Sue Hopper happens to be anywhere in your area, get her. That's who did mine and she does have a Facebook page but I don't do that. She's been doing art on bikes for 30 years. Right now you could find her and a few other artist at Sturgis. She hits most but not all the bike rallies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.