Motorcycle Forum banner

SV1000 Belly Pan on SV650

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  mczurma 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Wanted to run something buy you guys. Have any of you had experience with this?

I just bought a 2003 SV650s, and although I like the look, I think it's missing something; ie, belly pan. I found a junk yard that has an accidented 2005 SV1000, and I want to buy the belly pan for my bike.

Is this possible? Have any of you done it? Pics? DIY? Would appreciate the help. Tried searching, google-ing, and keep getting sent to other forums where the pics are gone, and an left at square one.

#3 ·
From what I've gathered, it's not entirely the same, and that brackets are required.

What I wanted to know is if an SV1000's belly pan looks too wide on a 650?

The junk yard hasn't replied, so I'll take that as a they don't care to do business (or sold it and refuse to contact).

It's back to eBay then.

#4 ·
Belly pan.

My SV1000 is on my Island and I am on the mainland. My old SV650 is across the street on my Island. Both will likely not be on the road until the spring.
That said: The belly pan is light weight and does not need a lot of support. If you do get it, also get the mounting brackets. Then you can fiddle and fit.
On the SV1000 the fit is critical if side pieces are fitted for the fairing. If the side pieces are not used, like my bike, then the fit does not need to be precise.
I think the size would be okay. Lots of folks can not spot the difference between the bikes.

Unkle Crusty*

#5 ·
My SV1000 is on my Island and I am on the mainland. My old SV650 is across the street on my Island. Both will likely not be on the road until the spring.
That said: The belly pan is light weight and does not need a lot of support. If you do get it, also get the mounting brackets. Then you can fiddle and fit.
On the SV1000 the fit is critical if side pieces are fitted for the fairing. If the side pieces are not used, like my bike, then the fit does not need to be precise.
I think the size would be okay. Lots of folks can not spot the difference between the bikes.

Unkle Crusty*
Where can I find the mounting brackets? I've read a bunch of forums, and even the guy selling on ebay, says don't buy, make your own.

Where can these be bought?

#8 ·
Belly pan

The forward part of the belly pan attach to the bottom of the oil cooler. The back end attaches to a triangle shaped bracket that bolts to the engine.
The four mounting bolts have allen heads, and have rubber grommets between the bolt and the plastic.

Unkle Crusty

#9 ·
The forward part of the belly pan attach to the bottom of the oil cooler. The back end attaches to a triangle shaped bracket that bolts to the engine.
The four mounting bolts have allen heads, and have rubber grommets between the bolt and the plastic.

Unkle Crusty
Sounds good. I'll see long I can wait before I buy the belly pan.

Maybe buying it sooner will give me time to prep for paint and just stare at the pan thinking how will it make me go faster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.