Motorcycle Forum banner

Ouch! Marquez crash during MotoGP practice

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Luvs2Play 
#1 ·
Huge high side during MotoGP practice for Sunday's race leaves Marquez with a sore neck. http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=MotoGP-Sachsenring:-Marquez-huge-crash---picture-special&newsid=12397

Bike Sport News said he was a good bouncer!

After receiving treatment for his neck he went back out on the track and improved his time putting him at second fastest for the day!

Apparently the cause was an unintentional gear change in mid turn. He gave this account "The crash was a little strange, but when we looked at the telemetry later on we understood why it happened. It's a long left turn in second gear on the throttle the whole time, and I accidentally touched the gear shift lever with the toe of my boot. This engaged another gear and as I was leant so far over - and had the gas open - the rear wheel slid out and I was thrown off.”

Glad he's ok. Hope he makes it 9 in a row on Sunday.

#2 ·
Saturday Marquez took the pole position and broke Casey Stoner’s six year old record for the fastest lap ever at Sachsenring!

Today Marquez maintained his perfect season with 9 wins in 9 starts!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.