Some videos I found while searching beginner info. - Motorcycle Forum
Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Forums > Motorcycle Training, Safety, and Riding Techniques

Motorcycle Training, Safety, and Riding Techniques Ask questions of motorcycle instructors and share riding techniques and safety tips

Old 04-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
mithuth
Master At Arms

mithuth is on a distinguished road
Default Some videos I found while searching beginner info.

http://www.monkeysee.com/play/10147-...ding-equipment

I was looking for tips on riding equipment and beginner tips for starting, stopping, shifting, and things to practice when I happened across this series of videos.

They're pretty decent for a beginner so I though I'd share them here. Enjoy.
mithuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
KMWilliams
Super Moderator

KMWilliams will become famous soon enough

Nice link, thanks.

You may also like some of the stuff on YouTube by this goofy guy who talks to himself and likes to ride around in circles.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=g-user-a

A lot of his stuff is geared towards the MSF-BRC. I'm subscribed to his channel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by KMWilliams; 04-27-2012 at 08:24 PM..
KMWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
mithuth
Master At Arms

mithuth is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing that. I sub'd him too
Old 05-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
Gunner75

Gunner75 is on a distinguished road

Ive been watching videos on youtube about twist of the wrist 2. im thinking of getting the video, but i havent seen anyone else comment on the quality of that video. Im seeing all the bikes on the video as being sports bikes, since i ride a cruiser i know some of these techniques will work but cruisers dont enter corners on the same speed ranges as sports. Can anyone comment on this am i wrong right or what?
Gunner75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
distantThunder
Rough Writer

distantThunder is on a distinguished road

"but cruisers dont enter corners on the same speed ranges as sports"

You obviously haven't seen me riding my cruiser on the Angeles Crest Hwy mate. Hahahaha!
[ that's a popular MC road near Los Angeles ].

Just how well your cruiser will corner ... depends upon the specific design. A lot of them are not stellar. But don't assume all of them are bad - not true. A skilled rider on a cruiser with some good maneuvering capabilities can run a pretty good set of lines through the curves. I have given quite a few sports bike riders something to think about :-) But truthfully, any of the good sports bike guys can beat me hands down. They just aren't expecting a cruiser to do well at all - and that's not true.

It's all about knowing your bike.

If you want a cruiser than can really accelerate and do well in corners - you are looking for a specific breed of cruiser. They are called "powercruisers". Not all the power machines can turn well - the monster Triumph Rocket III is an example of a beast with mighty straight-line accleration ... but not good turning performance. But some bikes like the Yamaha Raider can really haul a** on curves ... I know - because I ride one :-)

Have fun :-)

dT
distantThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
Gunner75

Gunner75 is on a distinguished road

I personally don't care about speed. im just happy to be out riding. I have a buddy who lives 3 hours away, hopes to get a run together with 7 others where we meet up in Columbus Ohio at Iron pony motorsports. He says my Valkyrie interstate is a nice bike but not his style. but i want to get my skills down for this run he wants to get together on because hes talking about making a run down into the south eastern part of ohio norther part of west virginia. and from my knowledge thats gonna require some skills with the turns down there.
Gunner75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
merv112
Verified

merv112 is on a distinguished road

For a cruiser guy, I think you'd like Ride Like a Pro personally. I'm a sport bike type myself, and even I learned a lot. It's taught my an ex motorman officer if I remember correctly, and although some of it can be semi-cheesy, it's definitely well worth checking out:

http://www.ridelikeapro.com/
merv112 is offline   Reply With Quote