A new motorcycle rally will be held in Charleston this June - Motorcycle Forum
Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycleforum.com > Frontpage Articles

Old 04-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
Dodsfall
Administrator

Dodsfall is just really nice
Default A new motorcycle rally will be held in Charleston this June

Charleston, South Carolina will be the destination for many motorcycle riders this June. Called the Capitol City Biker Bash, the event will be held over three day from June 7-9. Riders of all brands and motorcycle enthusiasts are encouraged to attend.

Vicki Shafer, one of the event organizers wanted to start a new rally that encompasses all stripes of riders. The Harley Owners Group also holds a large rally in South Carolina during the summer.

"My father rides a Honda, and I have lots of friends that ride Victories and other types of bikes," Shafer said. "So we wanted to hold something for owners of all bikes."

Shafer expects about 2500 riders to participate in the inaugural event. Hopes are high that future rallys continue to grow. The event will be held on Kanawha Boulevard between Haddad Riverfront Park and Magic Island.

"I think Haddad Riverfront (Park) is a great venue for a bike rally," Shafer said. "You're right in Charleston but in five or 10 minutes you're outside the town and riding on some beautiful roads."

There are beautiful state parks within a short distance of the rally as well as several attractions along the New River Gorge. There is also easy access to the city with three interstates converging in Charleston.

Charleston Mayor Danny Jones is happy the event is coming together. "This is the latest of several special events in Charleston that are the result of people following their passions and choosing to make things happen here," Jones said in a written press release. "I am proud to be the mayor of a city where people step up to organize new ways to bring people to our hometown and share the experience of all that Charleston has to offer."

Event tickets are $15 for all three days. Proceeds will go to a local charity that helps disabled children, veterans and wounded soldiers.

[Charleston Daily Mail]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dodsfall is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]