Review: Power Sports Canada Inc. - Ottawa, CANADA - Motorcycle Forum
Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Forums > Reviews & Opinions

Reviews & Opinions Post reviews or opinions on any motorcycle related product or service.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
johnboy
Motorcyclist

johnboy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Review: Power Sports Canada Inc. - Ottawa, CANADA

On April 7th I entered Powersports at 1 Laser St., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K2E 7V1. I was met by a salesperson and was shown the CBR250. I expressed an interest in purchasing a motorcycle relatively soon. After going through some of the details I decided that I was interested in the Black Honda CBR250 Non-ABS. I was offered the price of $5300 all taxes and fees included except licensing of $90 (with $500 deposit). The salesman confirmed that there was a crated unit available in their stockroom and it would be reserved and assembled (assembly was to take about a week) for me when I sign the documents. This was confirmed with him leaving to supposedly check the storage room. I signed the contract with Jason (Manager) to receive the in-stock crated Black Honda CBR250 Non-ABS. I was told that I would be called on April 16th to confirm the vehicles information (VIN) and other information so that I may set up insurance and licensing, etc. I was not given the VIN at the time of signing as they stated they would be able to get that information once the crate in the back is opened. It was then stated that I would be able to pick up the motorcycle on Tuesday/Wednesday (April 17/18th).

I was not called on April 16th. On April 17th around 3pm I decided to call to get an update. I was told by the salesperson that the motorcycle in the back was in fact “held/purchased” for someone else and that they did not have a motorcycle for me. They stated that they ordered Non-ABS motorcycles and it would be available in up to 2 weeks. I was offered the chance to purchase the ABS model for $5700 on Tuesday April 17th but I refused. I was then offered other used and new motorcycles, but I declined. Since my contract was for an in-stock crated motorcycle, changing the order to one that is being delivered changes the terms of the contract. The contract was breached, and the $500 deposit was to be refunded. When speaking to the manager, he refused to provide a refund.

I had contacted the Director/Owner of the business, Mr. Norton, and he seemed more interested in how I found out his phone number rather than listening to an issue which included unethical behavior on part of his staff . That number is in numerous places on the internet and is not hard to find. As a business owner myself, if I found out about the type of employee behavior of which I am describing, I would immediately try to rectify it. I have not received a call back from him as he promised (was supposed to be called back April 19-20). I was very courteous and professional throughout the conversation I had with him.

Throughout my business and personal dealings, I have never met such an unethical and unprofessional sales team, from the salesperson all the way up to the owner. In the end, I would just like others to know about what happened to me in the hopes that it would not happen to them. DON'T BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
SteveM

SteveM will become famous soon enough

Sorry to read that you've had a bad experience and unfortunately, you've fallen victim to the worst dealership in the Ottawa area. Their prices are high and the service is poor at best. Their entire fleet of used bikes are in horrible shape and most look unsafe.

When they operated the Ottawa Yamaha shop on Hawthorne Rd they had lots of bikes imported from the US, mostly Harleys, that were low mileage but were being sold with no warranty of any kind. They've since relocated to a single building but the antics remain.

You might want to seek some legal advice from a contract lawyer to see if they've broken the deal and what you can do about obtaining a refund.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
johnboy
Motorcyclist

I waited 90 days for the contract to become void (They were required to notify me that the motorcycle was available for pickup via a registered letter, which they did not do). I contacted OMVIC (The Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council) and they found the contract to be void and ordered the dealership to refund the deposit. After about a month, I have received the refund. It seems kind of pitiful that I would have to go through this process to get what is owed. To all those that read this thread, AVOID POWERSPORTS CANADA!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
goalie
Rough Writer

goalie will become famous soon enough

Glad you stuck to your guns.
Did you buy another bike?
goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
johnboy
Motorcyclist

I went to Kanata Honda not to long after the issue in April and bought the CBR250ABS for pretty much the same price. When I told them my issue with Powersports they offered me a discount on the better model.

I went in to get my first maintenance and Kanata Honda damaged the bike in 3 areas (panels). At least they accept their responsibility and are going to replace the parts. I guess you have issues no matter where you go.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
goalie
Rough Writer

goalie will become famous soon enough

Hey, when it rains, it pours!
goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
Dodsfall
Administrator

Dodsfall is just really nice

As long as a place admits their mistake and makes it right, I'd say that's good service.

There are a lot who would claim "It was already like that." and want to charge extra to fix it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dodsfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
zmago

zmago is on a distinguished road

How do you like the bike?
zmago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #9
johnboy
Motorcyclist

The bike is alright. I grew out of it rather quickly. Its a perfect training bike though. Its slow but it has a nice balance to it.