Off Topic Anything other than motorcycles

Old 04-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
ScrumDown
Malevolent Savant

ScrumDown will become famous soon enough
Default Man & Child Riding w/o a Helmet

Quote:
Police Say Man Took Boy For Motorcycle Ride Without Helmet

Wheeling resident Gino Michael Jerrome faces a felony charge after he and a 4-year-old passenger were seen riding a motorcycle without helmets.

Jerrome, 34, of 25 Haddale Ave. was arrested just before 5 p.m. Sunday after Wheeling police initiated a traffic stop on the Wildfire vehicle.

According to court documents, police observed that Jerrome was not wearing a helmet as he weaved in and out of the parking lane while traveling north on South Penn Street. As a result of the traffic stop, officers discovered the 4-year-old seated in front of Jerrome also was riding without a helmet.

Additionally, Jerrome's driver's license does not have a motorcycle endorsement.

Monday morning, Ohio County Magistrate Joe Roxby arraigned Jerrome on one count of felony child neglect with risk of injury. Following his arraignment, Jerrome was released on $2,000 bond. A condition of that bond orders Jerrome to have no contact with the child.

If convicted, Jerrome faces a maximum sentence of one to five years in prison.

West Virginia law requires motorcycle operators and passengers to wear helmets. Link to original website
What are your thoughts?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 04-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
wrath
Verified

wrath is on a distinguished road

He deserves it, but he'll plead to a 1 yr misdemeanor and at best do 7-8 months county.
wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
ScrumDown
Malevolent Savant

ScrumDown will become famous soon enough

My thoughts ....
DUMB! DUMB! DUMB! DUMB! DUMB! If it was just him ... whatever. But to put a child into that situation w/o at least some type of protection beyond moronic.

That said, I am not sure if he should be charge with a felony. I think its a bit more harsh then the crime itself. Should he be punished? HELL YES! Should it be a felony charge? I don't believe so.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
shotass1889
Verified

shotass1889 is on a distinguished road

I'm in AZ so there is no helmet law, only eye protection. I never get on the bike without it. I see a lot of guy only wearin sunglasses. It there life so I don't say anythin. But to but a child on with you without one is dumb. Should he get a felony, idk. not havin contact with his kid is a little much. Luckly no one was hurt but he's should really see the inside of a cell to really see what he did.
shotass1889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
wrath
Verified

wrath is on a distinguished road

It also depends on prior convictions, he may get probation..

Do you think he should get jail time or just probation ? If you think he should get jail time then this charge fits, because he'll plead it down.

Even then he may plea down to probation with no priors. But if he's got priors then ?

If the DA charged him with a midemeanor than he would definately walk even with priors.

I hear what your saying, punishment don't really fit the crime but we don't know priors either. What if this was the second or third offense doing this same thing. That would make the felony charge seem right.

Glad the boy is ok... this could have turned out real bad.
wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
OldDeadeye
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye

OldDeadeye is a jewel in the rough

If he had his endorsement he should have gotten no more than the equivalent of a seat belt ticket. But I can understand the endangerment charge w/o the endorsement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OldDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #7
Biker Dash
Site Brony and Troll Eater

Biker Dash has a spectacular aura about

Ok, a 4 year old on the bike with him? In front of him no less? What is the kid gonna hand on to? Also, a child that age is a LOT more fragile than an adult would be. a fall from speed would probably kill him. Another point, where as he has no endorsement, the State has no record of him ever learning to ride in the proper prescribed manner, making him an even greater risk in the eyes of the State. All of this adds up to the child being placed in significant risk.

I do not mind people taking their children with them on a motorcycle, but SAFETY has to come first. One, proper gear for the child, so that, Heaven forbid, something does happen, the child has some protection. Two, the child needs to be of a minimum size and age, so he may safely reach the pegs and hold on to his father as he should, and will be aware enough to do so. Most four year olds would fail in both departments. Lastly, NO ONE who has not had at the very minimum the required courses and/or experience as required by the state should have a passenger, much less a child on the bike. Lastly, when you have a passenger, it is of UPMOST importance that you ride in the safest manner possible. Weaving in and out of the parking lane does not seem to be safe riding in my own personal opinion.

I think the felony charges are warrented.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #8
kat569

kat569 will become famous soon enough

I think, as an adult, he should be free to choose how to best protect himself. However, a child - especially one that young - does not have the experience or reasoning capacity to make the same decision for themselves, and as the adult he should have chosen to protect that child. Personally, I would NEVER put a child in front of me on a motorcycle, there are far too many things that can go wrong.

And riding without the endorsement? Throw the book at him... if he can't prove he has passed the tests that show he knows how to operate the motorcycle, then it should be assumed that that poor child was in even greater danger than was first thought. I say charge him with child endangerment for starters, and toss in a few other charges and see what sticks...
Old 04-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #9
TeutonicBeemerMan
Verified

TeutonicBeemerMan is on a distinguished road

The guy is an idiot law breaker. People must own their actions and suffer consequences or benefits of them. Sadly in the US this is a problem. It is always someone else's fault mentality. Own up and be responsible.
TeutonicBeemerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #10
OldDeadeye

Delete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by OldDeadeye; 04-06-2011 at 09:13 AM..
Old 04-17-2011, 06:02 AM   #11
Cornelius
Verified

Cornelius is on a distinguished road

First off, even when helmets were not required here, I always wore one. I think it is silly not to, if only for the reason that you tend to get bugs in your teeth. However, I always felt as though my melon was inordinately exposed, and so always wore my faithful Bell Star full-coverage. (I was fortunate enough to work for a place that raced sprint cars, and sold everything from safety gear to methanol to help pay for racing, and so was able to get my helmet wholesale.)

Would I have taken a four-year old for a ride without them wearing a helmet? Of course not. I'd be reluctant to take a four year old for a ride even if they were wearing full gear. Well, maybe on a smooth grassy field, (on the appropriate bike) or something, but definitely not in traffic. Should the guy be punished? Of course, but I don't think it should be a felony. Hell, I remember standing on the front seat in our car while my dad drove. I was about four, did it all the time, and it was perfectly acceptable back then. Nowadays I am pretty sure this would be a felony as well, especially with the all-metal dash and the various metal knobs and the like that stuck out of it. Was my dad negligent? Not by the standards of the early sixties. Kids in those days climbed all over the inside of cars; it was just normal.

The thing I have to wonder, however, is where was the kid's mother? Did she let the kid get on the bike with the guy? Or did she just entrust the care of her child to an idiot and wander off? Either way, I think she should probably share some of that punishment.
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #12
markk53
Rough Writer

markk53 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTD View Post
If he had his endorsement he should have gotten no more than the equivalent of a seat belt ticket. But I can understand the endangerment charge w/o the endorsement.
Taking any child without a helmet is reckless endangerment, period. The child could be killed if he simply fell from the bike at a stop. That simple. Anyone who considers taking a child for a ride without a helmet deserves to have "their eyes opened" with a serious fine and license suspenion if nothing else. Make them use their brain for more than keeping their skull from collapsing.

WV is a helmet law state too.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
4Raven
Super Moderator

4Raven has a spectacular aura about

Sounds good to me....I am sure he doesn't care if it is a felony....
He didn't care about the safety of the child why would he care about the consequence!
4Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #14
OldDeadeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk53 View Post
Taking any child without a helmet is reckless endangerment, period. The child could be killed if he simply fell from the bike at a stop. That simple. Anyone who considers taking a child for a ride without a helmet deserves to have "their eyes opened" with a serious fine and license suspenion if nothing else. Make them use their brain for more than keeping their skull from collapsing.

WV is a helmet law state too.
Also a seat belt law on the books. I see no reson why one deserves child endangerment charges and the other doesn't. Both are putting a child in the way of harm "IF" an unfortunate accident happens. He!! the kid could fall out of the car when it's moving (I did when I was 2). Had I smacked my head and died would you have my poor bereaved mother put in jail for not disabling the inside door handles? What about the kids riding MX and BMX? Was I putting my son in the way of harm by letting him race? Compared to the millions of lazy a$$ couch potato kids that do nothing but play video games yes. Would you like to see that right taken from parents. Think twice before you ask for someone to be brought up on charges for a lapse in judgement. One of your little ones might grab your skill saw and do harm to themselves and you might be next. I believe the guy is a dumb a$$ but I'm sick of all of the stupid F'ing nanny laws made to protect our kids from us. We're human, accidents happen as do lapses in judgement.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
Biker Dash

Quote:
Also a seat belt law on the books. I see no reson why one deserves child endangerment charges and the other doesn't. Both are putting a child in the way of harm "IF" an unfortunate accident happens. He!! the kid could fall out of the car when it's moving (I did when I was 2). Had I smacked my head and died would you have my poor bereaved mother put in jail for not disabling the inside door handles? What about the kids riding MX and BMX? Was I putting my son in the way of harm by letting him race? Compared to the millions of lazy a$$ couch potato kids that do nothing but play video games yes. Would you like to see that right taken from parents. Think twice before you ask for someone to be brought up on charges for a lapse in judgement. One of your little ones might grab your skill saw and do harm to themselves and you might be next. I believe the guy is a dumb a$$ but I'm sick of all of the stupid F'ing nanny laws made to protect our kids from us. We're human, accidents happen as do lapses in judgement.
First off, HOW old is the child? The child in question is four. At that age, the child's mental and physical capacities and capabilities are not sufficient for him to reliably stay seated on a bike. First of, most children fidget and want to move around. (I am sure you have seen how often these kids try to get out of their seats in a car.) Also, the child in question would not be of sufficient size (most likely) for his feet to reach the passenger pegs. (assuming he was riding in the proper location as a passenger, which he was not) And, children that age would easily forget to hold on as well, further increasing the risk of a fall. Another point, what would the child hold on to anyways? There is not really anything for the child to hold on to while sitting in front of the operator of the motorcycle.

A child his age is physically more vulnerable than an older child would be. When combined with the fact that the child was wearing NO safety gear what so ever. If the child falls, there is NO protection for him.

You mentioned MX and BMX.
Children participating in those events are older. They are of age where they have the sufficient capabilities to participate safely, both physically and mentally. Also, they wear gear, such as helmets, elbow and knee protection, ect. Also, the environment where they ride MX and BMX is generally set up to be as safe as possible for the participants. That is NOT the case with the street.

I could go on, but I think my point has been made. He, the operator, was doing something that knowingly and willfully placed his child at greater risk than what is acceptable. Had the operator of the motorcycle been properly endorsed, and had been riding in a safe manner, AND if the child was sufficiently protected and of a proper age and size that he could safely ride, and riding properly, then I would have ZERO problems with the child on the bike.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #16
OldDeadeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animedevildog View Post
First off, HOW old is the child? The child in question is four. At that age, the child's mental and physical capacities and capabilities are not sufficient for him to reliably stay seated on a bike. First of, most children fidget and want to move around. (I am sure you have seen how often these kids try to get out of their seats in a car.) Also, the child in question would not be of sufficient size (most likely) for his feet to reach the passenger pegs. (assuming he was riding in the proper location as a passenger, which he was not) And, children that age would easily forget to hold on as well, further increasing the risk of a fall. Another point, what would the child hold on to anyways? There is not really anything for the child to hold on to while sitting in front of the operator of the motorcycle.

The point I was making is that is the simple lack of wearing a bucket should not be child endangerment any more than the lack of a seatbelt is.

A child his age is physically more vulnerable than an older child would be. When combined with the fact that the child was wearing NO safety gear what so ever. If the child falls, there is NO protection for him.
I am not arguing that a child should have to wear a helmet.

You mentioned MX and BMX.
Children participating in those events are older. They are of age where they have the sufficient capabilities to participate safely, both physically and mentally. Also, they wear gear, such as helmets, elbow and knee protection, ect. Also, the environment where they ride MX and BMX is generally set up to be as safe as possible for the participants. That is NOT the case with the street.
Wrong my son was just a few weeks shy of 3 when I got him his first bike an Indian 50cc. If you check the link below national riders start at the age of 4.

My son could ride a two wheeler W/O training wheels before he turned two.

I could go on, but I think my point has been made. He, the operator, was doing something that knowingly and willfully placed his child at greater risk than what is acceptable. Had the operator of the motorcycle been properly endorsed, and had been riding in a safe manner, AND if the child was sufficiently protected and of a proper age and size that he could safely ride, and riding properly, then I would have ZERO problems with the child on the bike.

The problem we get into is acceptable to who. I had people all of the time who told me what kind of danger I was putting "MY" son in. It was usually met with a "None of your Fing business". My son doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs and at 23 owns his own house. The MX was a great way for us to spend time together and anyone that didn't like it can still KMA.
http://www.ama-d36.org/Raceinfo/3076_AMA_D36_NIXON.pdf

Old 04-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #17
Biker Dash

Quote:
Wrong my son was just a few weeks shy of 3 when I got him his first bike an Indian 50cc. If you check the link below national riders start at the age of 4.
Question, did you train him in a SAFE manner, and make sure that he learned properly, and make sure that everything was sized for him?

I would suspect that such a young age is the exception to the rule, but, if done SAFELY and PROPERLY, then I have no issues.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #18
OldDeadeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animedevildog View Post
Question, did you train him in a SAFE manner, and make sure that he learned properly, and make sure that everything was sized for him?

I would suspect that such a young age is the exception to the rule, but, if done SAFELY and PROPERLY, then I have no issues.
Of course, I spent beucoup bucks on safety equipment during his time racing.

We attended several national amateur events and the 50cc 4-8 events are very popular and draw a full gate sometimes two. Although the only requirements are boots, helmet, pants gloves and a shirt it is common for these kids to wear a chest protector neck brace, knee braces and what ever else is available.

But, If one of these skilled riders jumps on his bike, fires it up and rides it through the pits sans helmet is a child endangerment charge proper for the dad waiting for him in the wash area?

Old 04-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #19
the hive
Verified

the hive is on a distinguished road

My thoughts are:
1). What happens to the child?
2). What does DFS think of this?
3). Where is the mother?
4). Stupid people should stop procreating.
5). If I had a green rubber hose and that guy was closer, I may be up for felony charges.
the hive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #20
Stainlesstehle
A legend in his own mind

Stainlesstehle will become famous soon enough

I'm thinking he was brought up on felony charges with the belief that he will plead down as most do. I agree with the felony for that reason.
He will undoubtedly plead down to a misdemeanor.
Stainlesstehle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #21
markk53
Rough Writer

Quote:
But, If one of these skilled riders jumps on his bike, fires it up and rides it through the pits sans helmet is a child endangerment charge proper for the dad waiting for him in the wash area?
Depends on how he rides it through the pits. The fact is the kid and anyone else for that matter could be taking an unnecessary risk even in that short trek. If you ever heard of John Taylor, the former Ossa importer and developer of the Yankee back in the early 70s, his son (older I assume) died when he took his Yankee flat tracker for a brief pass in the parking lot. If I remember right, the throttle stuck, he slammed a fence and was killed. I don't know for sure if it was head trauma, but I'll bet that was right in there too.

A guy I knew was going about a block or so home, back in the mid 70s, had his Bell Star sitting atop his head, not on and buckled. It was a short hop with no real speed involved. Problem was they weren't counting on his one neighbor coming home drunk, turning left in front of them. His helmet hit the ground on the top of his head first bounce, but was gone for the second bounce. He died of massive head injuries.

I'm to the point where I don't go without a helmet, even on the bicycle. I'm not ATGATT by any stretch, but I know it just isn't worth the risk to not put on the lid.

Is it worth letting your kid buzz over to the wash area without a helmet? Who knows, maybe some pit racer may centerpunch him. I don't know, but it makes you think.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #22
markk53
Rough Writer

Quote:
You're talking apples and oranges to the most extent when it comes to private property and reasonably skilled trained and supervised kids riding versus the original issue in this thread.

On public streets public laws apply. If the guy wants to ride up and down a private drive taking that stupid chance with his kid, that's legal - until they crash and the kid gets killed due to head injuries. He takes the chances and pays the price if it craps out.

On the other hand on private property and other places like race tracks some kids need protected from their parents. Like the kid being allowed to blast up and down the street on a two or four wheeler without any helmet or eye protection while his parents know it's going on. That is sheer neglegence at its best if the parents know it is going on.

Clearly that jackass on the bike knew his kid didn't have a helmet on. The kid isn't old enough to realize the dangers and the laws and therefore the parent is responsible to keep them legal and reasonably safe. And it should be child endangerment if kids don't have a belt on in a car. I know they write it up for that when a child is in an accident and unrestrained here in Ohio and I'd bet it gets written up if a stop is made and a child is unrestrained.

Last edited by markk53; 04-19-2011 at 06:05 PM..
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #23
YamahaFan
Certified Homeless Biker

YamahaFan is on a distinguished road

I can see myself putting my 5 year old son in front of me ... while I sit and paddle my bike in my driveway, other than that going like what the guy did with a 4 year old is just dumb, let alone it's his own frigging son.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #24
Biker Dash

Quote:
Of course, I spent beucoup bucks on safety equipment during his time racing.

We attended several national amateur events and the 50cc 4-8 events are very popular and draw a full gate sometimes two. Although the only requirements are boots, helmet, pants gloves and a shirt it is common for these kids to wear a chest protector neck brace, knee braces and what ever else is available.

Good, at least your doin the responsible thing of making sure that your child is participating in a safe manner.

As for the rest of it, your comparisons make no sense. As someone else stated, your trying to compare apples to oranges.

What the guy was doing was HIGHLY irresponsible and dangerous for the child, for reasons I am threw explaining to someone who has closed ears.

As stated in previous posts, I have no problems with parents who involve their children in a safe and responsible manner. What that man was doing was the polar opposite. You defend him if you wish. I would rather see him prosecuted under felony charges, and NOT so he can plea them down to an effin slap on the wrist.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:17 AM   #25
REV-X
Verified

REV-X is on a distinguished road

Dangerous and dumb.
REV-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #26
Mjerrome11
Registered

Mjerrome11 is on a distinguished road
Smile I'm the mother!

First off it was a scooter that went 40mph....second he didn't do jail time it got dropped and he never had prior charges to child endangerment. The police just have a hard on for him.
Mjerrome11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #27
ReconLdr
Master of Rex Kwon Do

ReconLdr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaFan View Post
I can see myself putting my 5 year old son in front of me ... while I sit and paddle my bike in my driveway, other than that going like what the guy did with a 4 year old is just dumb, let alone it's his own frigging son.
I've taken my 6yr old daughter up and down my street. I had her sitting in front of me too. This being said, she wore a helmet and I didn't go fast enough to do anything more than "duck walk" the bike.

My daughter had been begging me for 2 years to take her for a ride so I finally did it. I made it as safe as I could while making her think she was "going for a ride on daddys motorcycle". To her, it was the greatest thing ever!!!! When the ride (all 200 yards of it) was over, I explained to her that she can't go for a long ride until she is big enough to wrap her arms all the way around my waist. Now she checks every day to see if her arms are long enough to reach all the way around me.

If the story in the OP is as stated, there should be consequences. If the media hyped the he!! out of it to sell news papers/air time (like they do way too often) then the consequences should be less severe. Until then, I'm not gonna crucify the guy.

Note: My street is a street that goes no-where. It is a side street that connects 2 other side streets. It was added about 15 years ago to allow for more houses to be built within the township. It wasn't even on the map/google earth/gps until 2005. There is little or no traffic to speak of other than the few people who live there.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #28
RonK
Very Famous Person

RonK will become famous soon enough

--
I think before anyone gets their drawers too bunched up, let's consider something. There are rarely absolutes in this world.

Is riding a small motorscooter as potentially dangerous as a 'busa on a dragstrip? Is riding on a small, paved back country street the same as on a motocross track? Is wearing leather chaps as safe as a track racer's knee pads? Is riding the Blue Ridge Parkway on a summer weekday as hazardous as lane splitting in San Francisco rush hour traffic or as compared to I-80 through Wyoming within a convoy of semis? Is it unsafe to ever carry a child unless they have total hard pad protection on their whole body?

Sometimes we just have to accept that anything we do has some degree of potential danger. We have to consider that chance compared to the rewards. If we wanted no harm--ever--we surely wouldn't even take up bike riding. It would be safer to just hang around our yard and order in delivery food.

While I rarely ever ride w/o ATGATT, once when it was 5:00 P.M., and 100 degrees, and the end of a long day of riding/sweating, I rode the last 40 miles with no jacket, only a t-shirt (and pants, of course). It felt so good. I knew the risks, but I knew what the pleasure would be to be so free with the wind (actually more like a hot hair dryer) blowing on my body.

So I suppose I'm saying that giving a kid a ride on a side street isn't so bad, but not having a helmet is. Showing a kid the fun of doing some things and bonding with your child--are both good, but not insisting on making a statement of safety, i.e. no helmet, not good.

If someone goofs up, I think they deserve more consideration than if they have habitually erred.

RonK

Do I have it together yet?
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:12 AM   #29
aaronrkelly
Rough Writer

aaronrkelly will become famous soon enough

I dont have a problem with it....and if he was in Iowa it would "almost" be legal.

This is my daughter.....at 5 on the back of my bike. We rode approx 20 miles to dance class like that (round trip).......16 of that was at highway speeds.

I took her many times on the bike.....usually no more than 1 hour trips but she rode often with me.

According to *Iowa* law where he went wrong was the passenger has to be seated on the passenger seat and there has to be pegs.

There is NO minimum age and NO helmet law.....so other then the placement, all is legal and well in Iowa.

.......which is fine by me.
aaronrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #30
Cheesy Rider
Master At Arms

Cheesy Rider is on a distinguished road

Surely, you're not serious.
Cheesy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #31
Squally

Squally is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotass1889 View Post
Should he get a felony, idk. not havin contact with his kid is a little much.
I think we're all assuming that this is his kid, but it doesn't say that in the article.

If it wasn't his kid that probably contributed to the seriousness of the charges brought against him, because the boy probably has a really pizzed off mother out there.
Squally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #32
JohnnyQuid

JohnnyQuid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjerrome11 View Post
First off it was a scooter that went 40mph....second he didn't do jail time it got dropped and he never had prior charges to child endangerment. The police just have a hard on for him.
I think it's funny that this post doesn't even get acknowledged in the slightest. Hahaha.

I don't know what the right answer is here but I'm pretty convinced that the guy was being an idiot. I think if someone wants to ride without a helmet that's their business, but a kid that young can't be expected to make a decision like that for himself. Therefore the parent has to be responsible. This guy clearly was not. It may be harsh to say but maybe that kid would be better off in the care of someone else while the Dad is doing some time. But yet, it opens the door to the government telling you how to raise your kids, and once that door is open there's no closing it. I'm glad I'm not the judge or jury that has to make this decision. That much I do know.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:45 AM   #33
Slim Johnson
Banned

Slim Johnson is on a distinguished road

Man, I am a terrible parent....

Flame away....

When I was a kid, circa late 70's-mid 80's; I would ride with my Dad, Uncles, and whoever else would take me for a ride on their motorcycle! No helmet, no gear... No biggie.

I see nothing wrong with taking one of my kids for a ride around the block, or around the cul de sac. Helmet, or not.

Now, should I be engaging in some real riding... say farther than the closest intersection; I would insist on my passenger (regardless of relation) wearing a helmet.
Slim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #34
JetFalcon
Banned

JetFalcon is on a distinguished road

In Taiwan and China, I've seen whole families ride on one scooter. Like mom driving, and one kid in back and one kid on the floor board.
JetFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote