why are there so many white supremiscist 1%er mc's? - Motorcycle Forum
Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Forums > Motorcycle Stories

Motorcycle Stories Behind every motorcycle there is a story.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
NINEGEAR
new to motorcycles- i dont know much

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 324
NINEGEAR is on a distinguished road
Default why are there so many white supremiscist 1%er mc's?

i was reseaching 1%er motorcycle clubs for a school project and it seems as though they fallow simalar traits. all of them seem to like nothing but cruisers. mostly harleys it seems. most of the members look like they are around 40-50 years of age. and they often seem to be racist.

i was looking at an outlaws website and several of the members photos had the nazi flag behind them. doing more research there was a motorcycle club called the fourth reich doing some christmas oriented things. donations n stuff.

i looked into the mongols and they seem to not be racist. the history with them being founded was something along the lines of not being let into ether the hells angels or outlaws due to not being white.

i dont get it? why are there so many racist 1%ers.

and a side question why are there no 1%er clubs that ride sportbikes.
__________________
planning my roadtrip
NINEGEAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 11-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
Tx-M50
Verified
 
Tx-M50's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 21
Tx-M50 is on a distinguished road
Default

Much like your question about why are most of the 1%er mc's racist, they also only drive HDs due to being "American Made". Sports bikes are typically all from overseas and not looked at like a "manly man's" bike.
Tx-M50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
KZ750
Master At Arms
 
KZ750's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 173
KZ750 is on a distinguished road
Default

I thought it was derived from some old punk thing, shock value rather than due to love for the Austrian painter.
KZ750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
TxFLSTC
Senior Member
 
TxFLSTC's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 811
TxFLSTC is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINEGEAR View Post
i was reseaching 1%er motorcycle clubs for a school project and it seems as though they fallow simalar traits. all of them seem to like nothing but cruisers. mostly harleys it seems. most of the members look like they are around 40-50 years of age. and they often seem to be racist.

i was looking at an outlaws website and several of the members photos had the nazi flag behind them. doing more research there was a motorcycle club called the fourth reich doing some christmas oriented things. donations n stuff.

i looked into the mongols and they seem to not be racist. the history with them being founded was something along the lines of not being let into ether the hells angels or outlaws due to not being white.

i dont get it? why are there so many racist 1%ers.

and a side question why are there no 1%er clubs that ride sportbikes.

The Banditos are not all white, but they are 1%. I am not sure that your impression is completely true. However, some people believe it is hard to trust anyone, muchless someone of another race. So they tend to form clubs with like minded people. They are not scared to let people know they are racist and propably like the fear that brings with it. I am not sure what people think 1%ers are? Outlaw? So that means criminal? Which that means some will be in prison. In prison people tend to stick with thier own race, most of the time.

1%ers on Sportbikes... lol well I don't know. More than likely there is one out there. How about 1%ers on Honda Rebels?
TxFLSTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:25 AM   #5
NINEGEAR
new to motorcycles- i dont know much

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 324
NINEGEAR is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFLSTC View Post
The Banditos are not all white, but they are 1%. I am not sure that your impression is completely true. However, some people believe it is hard to trust anyone, muchless someone of another race. So they tend to form clubs with like minded people. They are not scared to let people know they are racist and propably like the fear that brings with it. I am not sure what people think 1%ers are? Outlaw? So that means criminal? Which that means some will be in prison. In prison people tend to stick with thier own race, most of the time.

1%ers on Sportbikes... lol well I don't know. More than likely there is one out there. How about 1%ers on Honda Rebels?
well there are 1%er sportbikers they just live overseas. in japan and korea. i ment why are there none in america.
__________________
planning my roadtrip
NINEGEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
TxFLSTC
Senior Member
 
TxFLSTC's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 811
TxFLSTC is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINEGEAR View Post
well there are 1%er sportbikers they just live overseas. in japan and korea. i ment why are there none in america.
I really don't know, but if what you say is true that 1%ers are mostly white supremist, then I doubt they would ride foreign bikes of any kind.

What are we calling 1%ers? Criminals that ride bikes?
TxFLSTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
BH121869
Senior Member
 
BH121869's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,254
BH121869 is on a distinguished road
Default

An outlaw motorcycle club (sometimes known as a motorcycle gang) is a type of motorcycle club that is part of a subculture with roots in the post-WWII USA, centered on cruiser motorcycles, particularly Harley-Davidsons and choppers, and a set of ideals celebrating freedom, nonconformity to mainstream culture, and loyalty to the biker group. These clubs are not sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and do not adhere to the AMA's rules, but instead, generally, the club enforces a set of bylaws on its members that derive from the values of the outlaw biker culture.

Some motorcycle gangs engage in criminal activity.[6] Besides their connection with motorcycles and the one percenter subculture, criminal motorcycle gangs are "unique among crime groups in that they maintain websites; identify themselves through patches and tattoos; have written constitutions and bylaws; trademark their club names and logos; and have publicity campaigns aimed at cleaning up their public image.
__________________
“Never trade luck for skill.”
BH121869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
GI Jack
Sickle Punk
 
GI Jack's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 966
GI Jack is on a distinguished road
Default

the %1 has used nazi imagery for shock value like early punk rockers. Punk abandoned the swastika when the national front showed up, and tried recruiting punks, as they tried recruiting did Hells Angels(according to sony barger) 20 years prior for the same reasons. Bikers never really accepted any political ideology, and lets face it, You don't tell one of the major 5 %1 clubs what to do.

There where some factions of nazi punks/nazi skinheads, but they where HATED, and had their own bands and own scene. Punks don't wear swastikas any more because of this.

I don't know about %1, but I've seen 3-piece sportsbike clubs who are mostly minority.

According to the stories the banditos where formed because Hells Angels wouldn't let Hispanics in, so a few Hispanic bikers formed their own crew. I've heard conflicting reports on %1 racism, but I think it stems less from idealogy, and more from people who don't change their ideas with the rest of society. Many older MCs where started pre-desegregation and pre-civil rights era, so as rebellious and outside society they are, they did incorporate many views of society at the time, they didn't however, change those views with time like the rest of society.
__________________
A bad day of sickle ridin beats ANY day of golf
GI Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:06 AM   #9
tom10167
Senior Member

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 539
tom10167 is on a distinguished road
Default

meh

Last edited by tom10167; 11-25-2009 at 04:08 AM..
tom10167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
Batt
Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn.
 
Batt's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 217
Batt is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINEGEAR View Post
well there are 1%er sportbikers they just live overseas. in japan and korea. i ment why are there none in america.
Those are not 1%ers. Those are just some guys with a patch.
Batt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:26 AM   #11
itmandk
Registered

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1
itmandk is on a distinguished road
Default

Some are 2 faced but, where in life is that not true?

Wow, epic topic in the 3 piece world. My cheap 2 cents as it's said. Biker world is what it is. We are gonna "get into it, and that's all there is to it".

But, I refuse to be a racist over anyones ****in politics! I am a biker black, green, blue, white and double piss off what ever anyone doesn't or does like.

What ever, I give respect n get it or we freakin dance, that's it. I'm not messin w/ ya, don't try me or those "I calll BROTHERS" n we're good. Isn't that how we "All" do??

Bikers are "ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE". There are needs in The Biker World. but I have "real friends n family" in all diferrent parts.
itmandk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #12
FLBandit
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central FL
Posts: 255
FLBandit is on a distinguished road
Default

The Discovery Channel (or TLC or something similiar) has a few really good documentries on outlaw Bikers.
FLBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #13
The Tourist
Banned

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 901
The Tourist is on a distinguished road
Default

This is a faction of freedom that goes beyond a three-piece patch. And to start this off with the proper slant, I still hold a three-piece patch.

Bikers espouse freedom, but it also appears that they are sometimes apt to deny the same concept to other bikers who disagree.

It is your right to be racist, after all, every rap music 'artist' is racist--and misogynistic, and illegally armed and packing enough drugs to open a pharmacy. We often dismiss this as an "depressed financial consequence of urban ethnicity." The guy's an active criminal for heavens sake...

The issue here is just what does the Aryan biker do with his ideals? He can spout them all he wants. However, our regimen of laws is not based on thought, that is until Grand Vizar Hillary makes Orwellian double-think a felony. It hinges on being active.

If you do not like Aryan bikers, don't ride with them.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #14
Blaine
Rough Writer
 
Blaine's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coulterville, CA
Posts: 1,193
Blaine will become famous soon enough
Default

Let’s be honest now, the most notorious 1% club is nothing what the founders wanted. It is now big business and mostly illegal but what is new about that.
Blaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:30 PM   #15
WonkoTheSane
Senior Member
 
WonkoTheSane's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SE Massachusetts
Posts: 318
WonkoTheSane is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
It is your right to be racist, after all, every rap music 'artist' is racist--and misogynistic, and illegally armed and packing enough drugs to open a pharmacy. We often dismiss this as an "depressed financial consequence of urban ethnicity." The guy's an active criminal for heavens sake...
This is hyperbole to make a point, right? You're not really saying that every rapper is a racist criminal drug-dealer...

Wonko
WonkoTheSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #16
The Tourist
Banned

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 901
The Tourist is on a distinguished road
Default

This is a tit for tat issue. I have a three piece patch. Are you implying that I am a racist?

BTW, I do believe that every 'banger is involved in felony drug pedalling. And I also believe that every rap singer is surrounded by 'bangers. Connect the dots.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #17
tom10167
Senior Member

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 539
tom10167 is on a distinguished road
Default

You are wrong but have the right to believe what ever you like.

I believe your literary skills are on par with them, though.
tom10167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #18
The Tourist
Banned

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 901
The Tourist is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom10167 View Post
I believe your literary skills are on par with them, though.
I believe you do not know how to debate.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #19
Schneiderman
Senior Member
 
Schneiderman's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,155
Schneiderman will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
This is a tit for tat issue. I have a three piece patch. Are you implying that I am a racist?

BTW, I do believe that every 'banger is involved in felony drug pedalling. And I also believe that every rap singer is surrounded by 'bangers. Connect the dots.
Many/most of the successful/popular rap artists are posers. Look at Drake for example. He would piss his pants if he was surrounded by real gangbangers.

There are 3 patch sportbike clubs, I see them all the time in NYC, but they aren't 1% even if they claim to be, and they would fold up immediately if a real 1% club didn't want them around anymore.
__________________
Big Government is a problem, not a solution.
Schneiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #20
The Tourist
Banned

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 901
The Tourist is on a distinguished road
Default

Off course that's true. It's the use of the old "White Crow Gambit" in debating. My position is that I do not support the original postulate proffered by the OP.

I do not think that 1% clubs are over-represented by racists. In fact, while I doubt they celebrate MLK's birtthday, I doubt they care, at all.

Obama is in my town today. My consternation is not politics. It's because they have closed down most of the on-ramps with dump-trucks and the Troopers are haunting every street on the east-side highways. As for BHO as an individual, I feel he's just another empty cookie-cutter liberal.

Same way with matters of race. Just because you dislike something doesn't mean you're racist or a homophobe or a xenophobe. I'm not fond of chocolate cake. Does that provide enough data to brand me a hater of Swiss cocoa factories?
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:19 PM   #21
WonkoTheSane
Senior Member
 
WonkoTheSane's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SE Massachusetts
Posts: 318
WonkoTheSane is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
This is a tit for tat issue. I have a three piece patch. Are you implying that I am a racist?

BTW, I do believe that every 'banger is involved in felony drug pedalling. And I also believe that every rap singer is surrounded by 'bangers. Connect the dots.
Was this for me? If so, I'll respond by saying that I am not implying that you are a racist, because I do not know you, other than from your impressive post count here. Broad generalizations, however, of a group of people, especially that which is unsupported by evidence, are the stuff racism is made of.

I don't have a problem with you saying that some rappers are 'bangers. Hard evidence supports this position. I don't even have a problem with you saying 'most' rappers are bangers, although that position is more a result of a cultivated "image" than any real evidence.

My issue is with the statement that "all" of them fall into that category, which not only is unsupported by evidence, or in fact reality, but the willingness to make such statements speaks to a deeper tendency to categorize without learning the facts. You know, how all motorcyclists ride like idiots, placing themselves and others on the road in danger, and therefore deserve it when a car takes them out. That sort of thing.

I disagree with unsupported generalizations, as they are harmful to rational debate. I make no statement here in support or rejection of your other points.

Wonko

Last edited by WonkoTheSane; 09-28-2010 at 08:15 PM..
WonkoTheSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #22
robow
Ninja Robot
 
robow's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 1,825
robow will become famous soon enough
Default

Do any 1%ers ride British bikes? Do they ride anything other than HD, like Victory?
robow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #23
2blackbelts
Verified

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Osage Beach MO
Posts: 40
2blackbelts is on a distinguished road
Default why are ...

"What ever, I give respect n get it or we freakin dance, that's it. I'm not messin w/ ya, don't try me or those "I calll BROTHERS" n we're good. Isn't that how we "All" do??"


Honestly, I really don't even understand what this above statement means. The syntax was rather hard to follow.

I agree mostly with The Tourist. Racist, wanna be racist, gangster rappers, are everywhere, and most want to project an image.

Even though I don't patch with the big three, I do know many of them. I really don't think race is a big deal one way or the other with them.

Regarding the above statement. It's easy to be an internet commando. "I give respect n get it or we freakin dance." Statements like that or with a similar attitude could get your a$$ in trouble.

2 bb
2blackbelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #24
The Tourist
Banned

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 901
The Tourist is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blackbelts View Post
It's easy to be an internet commando...Statements like that or with a similar attitude could get your a$$ in trouble.
I don't have any tattoos, but if I ever got one, your comment would be my new ink.

A forum is an area for the exchange of ideas. But one thing I have found is the "tone" of the guy who posts. Let me explain.

A guy who grew up on a farm as many rural examples and some jargon. So does a Marine considering his individual past. Same thing with an old guy. And it really sticks out on a newb trying to pad his resume' for bragging rights.

We see a wide range of folks everyday in our personal lives, and spot them easily after a few years. For example, I often see 'boomer Nam vets at the gym. You can recognize them in the eyes if you look.

I can also spot the guy who will cause trouble in a saloon. Mouthy guy, usually shorter than the norm (Napolean concept), trying to score with every lady, and taking offense at any perceived slight. And usually the guy who takes him out will be a quiet older guy who has been a gentleman for most of the night. Happens every time.

I have seen the flames here long enough to recognize the condition. Same guys. Same ideology ticks them off, usually it's sticking a pin in their machismo fantasies in life. And of all the irony, the guys they disagree with in a debate have the life experiences they profess to covet. Same tone in tavern, same tone on a forum.

And it's the overall reason I'm annoyed, but not personally offended when this behavior surfaces. I do not respect the guys who do it in bars or in bike shops, so why should here be any different?
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #25
Rain
Philosopher
 
Rain's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 71
Rain is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
I don't have any tattoos, but if I ever got one, your comment would be my new ink.

A forum is an area for the exchange of ideas. But one thing I have found is the "tone" of the guy who posts. Let me explain.

A guy who grew up on a farm as many rural examples and some jargon. So does a Marine considering his individual past. Same thing with an old guy. And it really sticks out on a newb trying to pad his resume' for bragging rights.

We see a wide range of folks everyday in our personal lives, and spot them easily after a few years. For example, I often see 'boomer Nam vets at the gym. You can recognize them in the eyes if you look.

I can also spot the guy who will cause trouble in a saloon. Mouthy guy, usually shorter than the norm (Napolean concept), trying to score with every lady, and taking offense at any perceived slight. And usually the guy who takes him out will be a quiet older guy who has been a gentleman for most of the night. Happens every time.

I have seen the flames here long enough to recognize the condition. Same guys. Same ideology ticks them off, usually it's sticking a pin in their machismo fantasies in life. And of all the irony, the guys they disagree with in a debate have the life experiences they profess to covet. Same tone in tavern, same tone on a forum.

And it's the overall reason I'm annoyed, but not personally offended when this behavior surfaces. I do not respect the guys who do it in bars or in bike shops, so why should here be any different?
Great thread. There are words of wisdom throughout it, and a few of of the "not so wise". I particularly appreciate the sentence I've made bold above. Reminds me of, "Don't start a fight with an old guy, if he can't kick your a$$ he'll just shoot you!"
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #26
The Tourist
Banned

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 901
The Tourist is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
"Don't start a fight with an old guy, if he can't kick your a$$ he'll just shoot you!"
LOL. We have a joke here about old guys, "I had to kill him because I know I couldn't beat him."

More to the point here, I try to be the jokester and have fun wherever I go. I simply do not understand why there's always one guy who wants to wreck the party. And why these same guys think that being universally hated, and then whipped down to jelly, impresses anyone is beyond me.

What I do know is that taverns and forums are the same.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:28 AM   #27
Rain
Philosopher
 
Rain's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 71
Rain is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
LOL. We have a joke here about old guys, "I had to kill him because I know I couldn't beat him."

More to the point here, I try to be the jokester and have fun wherever I go. I simply do not understand why there's always one guy who wants to wreck the party. And why these same guys think that being universally hated, and then whipped down to jelly, impresses anyone is beyond me.

What I do know is that taverns and forums are the same.
Ya know, I never thought about it but AIN'T IT SO?!?!?!? Must say, I don't really understand that one. I'll have to think on it.
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #28
The Tourist
Banned

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 901
The Tourist is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
Ya know, I never thought about it but AIN'T IT SO?!?!?!? Must say, I don't really understand that one. I'll have to think on it.
After all of these years I think it's just a case of "human nature." In fact, our response to these types is also human nature. There was an article about "road rage" and its causes in our local morning newspaper this morning.

The wild card in this is the anonymity of the internet. You can pretty much say just about anything to anyone from the safety of your mom's laundry room. As an example, do you really believe that half of the stuff I hear would be said--or even implied--if these guys had to deliver it personally to my face in a tavern?

It's not just this generation who falls prey to this. Hunter Thompson once noted that a guy who couldn't make prospect once carried a snub-nose .357 in his back pocket to impress the Angels. My guess is that no one, neither Angel nor citizen, cared one bit.

You cannot discount "youth vs age" in this debate, either. Alas, I had a smart-mouth myself. The saving grace for me was that I had no anonymity.

I was held accountable right there, right then, and to the full measure. It's more of a blessing than you might think.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #29
soxOZ
Aussie Cruizer
 
soxOZ's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Best Place on the Planet...
Posts: 124
soxOZ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
LOL. We have a joke here about old guys, "I had to kill him because I know I couldn't beat him."

More to the point here, I try to be the jokester and have fun wherever I go. I simply do not understand why there's always one guy who wants to wreck the party. And why these same guys think that being universally hated, and then whipped down to jelly, impresses anyone is beyond me.

What I do know is that taverns and forums are the same.
Damn it, being an "Older Guy" I stay away from Taverns because of that one jerk, so does this mean I have to keep away from forums as well...
Is no place sacred from these idiots... ... LOL...

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill...
__________________
Wally...
2010 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2 FI...

Last edited by soxOZ; 10-04-2010 at 09:07 AM..
soxOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #30
The Tourist
Banned

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 901
The Tourist is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxOZ View Post
Damn it, being an "Older Guy" I stay away from Taverns because of that one jerk, so does this mean I have to keep away from forums as well?
In effect, yes.

Membership is not required, and even an idiot has the right to offer an opinion. Since forums are private property, you have no right to be there, but that's the job of a mod to sort out the tough calls.

Look, there have been times when I was so disgusted I signed off--but then I missed out on the good people and the valid opinions. I just use the ignore feature now.

Here's an odd observation. Sometimes I open a thread, and there are three or four guys I ignore offering a post, but they have posted in a row.

Same guys, same attitude, same behavior time after time after time.

The world is full of users, easy riders, idiots and posers. But we also have intelligent bikers, mentors and guys looking for information as honest newbs. If you totally quit, you miss out on the good stuff, too.

Besides, there are some great taverns, too...
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #31
Blaine
Rough Writer
 
Blaine's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coulterville, CA
Posts: 1,193
Blaine will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Besides, there are some great taverns, too...
You are so right, and with some really good people.

Torurist there is a lot of wisdom in you posts.
Blaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #32
The Tourist
Banned

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 901
The Tourist is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Torurist there is a lot of wisdom in you posts.
Nope. None, zero, zilch, nada.

As I have stated before, I am the "worst case" scenario, the personification of the 'bad example.' The reason I believe in mentors is that I was the guy with the hard head and the slow learning curve.

Any opinion I have derives from poor behavior, mistakes and stupidity. I altered my behavior because I lost instead of won, and there were numerous mentors around to chew me out and set me straight.

It's now a lost art, and the newbs resent it.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #33
Blaine
Rough Writer
 
Blaine's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coulterville, CA
Posts: 1,193
Blaine will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
The reason I believe in mentors is that I was the guy with the hard head and the slow learning curve.
The operative word is “was” and you’ve learned from your mentors or previous life mistakes and that is part of wisdom. Stupidity is doing the same dumb thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Blaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #34
Rain
Philosopher
 
Rain's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 71
Rain is on a distinguished road
Default

Learning in the "school of hard knocks" is still learning, which translates to wisdom. There are certainly gems of wisdom in this thread!
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #35
The Tourist
Banned

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 901
The Tourist is on a distinguished road
Default

Oh, I agree, which is why I believe in the mentor system for bikers and the apprentice system for my craft.

Ask any 'boomer about his behavior in grade school and they all relate the same experience. If you misbehaved in school you got it from the teacher, but you also got it when you arrived home.

Now if a teacher 'rebukes' a student she hears from the father's attorney the next day.

And it's this way today, even for bikers. If I dressed down half of the newbs here in this forum like I got it from the prez or our enforcers, I'd be banned within a week.

I've heard more sniveling in the past few weeks than I heard from the entire membership of 'boomer prospects in five years. But like I keep repeating, it's the mental, not the metal. The life lessons you learn now stay with you for years.

If you read any of the Richard Marchinko's books he always includes a list of humorous adages he learned in his stint in the service. The one I like the best is, "We sweateth in training so we don't bleedeth in combat."

Take a wild guess how that would play today?
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #36
2blackbelts
Verified

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Osage Beach MO
Posts: 40
2blackbelts is on a distinguished road
Default How come...

I really enjoy "The Tourists" bits of wisdom. Remember, there are always "older wise men", and we can consistently learn from them.

At 57, I've been around the block a couple of times. Sometimes on a motorcycle, others on my hands and knees. It is never the destination, but the journey getting there.

As with everything, especially on the net, you have to take everything posted with so many grains of salt.

Believe nothing you read, and less what you hear.

2 bb
2blackbelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #37
The Tourist
Banned

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 901
The Tourist is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blackbelts View Post
Believe nothing you read, and less what you hear.
Trust me, I've been warned by a mod from another forum. He questimates that 30% of the members 'misrepresent' their credentials.

I've been here long enough to sincerely wonder if some of the members even own a bike. They don't sound like bikers, and they don't seem to have ever mixed with the wider assortment of folks you'd meet at a bike shop.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #38
robow
Ninja Robot
 
robow's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 1,825
robow will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blackbelts View Post
I really enjoy "The Tourists" bits of wisdom. Remember, there are always "older wise men", and we can consistently learn from them.

At 57, I've been around the block a couple of times. Sometimes on a motorcycle, others on my hands and knees. It is never the destination, but the journey getting there.
+1
I like to think I am in the middle of these groups, young enough to still have a lot of crawling left to do but old enough to be able to help some others avoid the hardships I have been through. The wisdom some of you have to offer is absolutely priceless, and only a fool would turn away from it.
robow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:52 AM   #39
badinfluence63
Banned

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 2,424
badinfluence63 is on a distinguished road
Default

I can tell you Tourist is so legit that many poser posters do not understand him and tend to discount him. Big mistake. And thasts how we met. While on another forum he was talking his talk. Many unfairly and inaccurately cried BS but I knew and understood exactly what he was saying. This misguided mistreatment was to me an indictment of the entry level mentality of that old forum.

Such is the gap between old school riders and newbies of the me-me generation. And why I appreciate young ones like international baller. Met him while on the road and what a nice kid. Not really a kid but in his 20's.

Shout out to ya Scott!

Last edited by badinfluence63; 10-05-2010 at 05:54 AM..
badinfluence63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #40
FLBandit
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central FL
Posts: 255
FLBandit is on a distinguished road
Default

Wow, I haven't heard anyone called a Commando in a long time! I used to live in Daytona many years ago. Boots, Black Harley T-shirts, and chain wallets were all the rage on Main street. Most sat in the bars and thought getting real drunk and fighting qualified them as a "Biker". Sidewalk Commandos they were called at the time. Main street is a much different place now, but I guess some things never change.
FLBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.