Motorcycle Forum banner

Nissan Insult

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  zmago 
#1 ·
I dont know about anyone else but as a motorcyclist who has lost friends in accidents this advert is obscene. :thumbsdown:
http://youtu.be/qcuZzUpa7sg

#2 ·
As much as I would like to think that Nissan meant no offence, I am in agreeance that this commercial is very offensive.

To talk about motorcycles (and motorcyclists by extension) as prey, they are sending a message to attack motorcyclists.

I think someone at Nissan needs to be /C/punted.

Repeatedly

With steel toed boots.

#3 ·
Nissan juke a predator.....you gotta be ****ing kidding me.

Then again I've seen nothing but teenage girls and scenester guys drive those, you know, typically people that would cause an accident.

But in all seriousness, bad message to Nissan owners in regards to motorcyclists.

#4 ·
That is awful. What is this world coming to? The fact that Nissan would fund this (and, I mean, look at the production values, they definitely did) says a lot about their view on motorcyclists (and by extension, their target audience's view on motorcyclists.)

Id love to see a counter ad, where the Nissan jumps off the car park...into the empty abyss.

#5 · (Edited)
I see abolutely no difference between that and an action movie chase scene, a very well done one at that.

I think those that are feeling offended by this are just thin skinned. If you seriously think that they are encouraging a consumer to actively seek out and run into motorcycles, you really need stop being so naive. It was 99% computer generated graphics.

I think it was a very good advertisement.

#7 ·
I saw it as a pretty good representation of what riding a motorcycle in traffic is like, considering the inattentive nature of a lot of drivers.... Obviously the Nissan in that commercial was being driven by a 16 year old texts-while driving dingbat, and those poor motorcyclists were trying to get away from her.

#9 ·
The idea of a Juke doing what it does in the commercial is hilarious. I could outrun a Juke on a Honda Ruckus. Maybe not the Juke-R, but Nissan doesn't have the balls to bring that to full production.

A little offensive, but a lot of stuff is. Maybe I'll send them an e-mail detailing my feelings.

#11 ·
Don't be so sensitive. It's just a commercial. What if it were a motorcycle running down cars? Would you object to that?

Are you offended when you watch a movie (for example James Bond) and you see motorcyles being chased and crashed?

I just received the June edition of Motorcyclist mag. The very first ad has this tag line: "Mobile enough to scavenge. Brutal enough to pillage.". So basically this is saying that people who buy this product (Icon jackets) are pillagers. This is a little offensive, don't ya think? I don't. Its just an advertisement.

#13 ·
Yeah, that bothered me. Not that i'm afraid of it encouraging viloence against riders or anything. It's de-humanizing. A bike doesn't ride itself thru traffic. Can't quite get comfortable with the idea of other drivers not recognizing that that object on the road has a people on it. Big diffrence between "i hit a bike" and "i hit someone's family member". Things like that commercial don't help.

#14 ·
The actual advert was pulled by Nissan after various complaints were received from the industry. We have enough little wannabees in this country actually trying that **** on, especially the rear ending.Not I might add because they saw the ad just because they thought it funny.

#18 ·
It's pure video game ****. I noticed the ad was closed for comments and the dislikes far outweighed the "likes."

The Juke is obviously targeted at the teens and twenty somethings that have been weened on X-Box and Playstation since they were young pups, which is why they used the video game genre to hawk their product.

Nissan's probably just trying to toughen up the Juke's image since it's already falling into the "chick car" category based on the people I've seen driving it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.