Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1200 bandit idle problems please help

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  rexmitchell 
#1 ·
ok im trying to help my friend. when he starts the bike the iddle keeps backfireing when it does you hear a click and pressure building then releasing if you look at the rubber boot that connectsthe carbs to the head you can feel that the pressure is building in the rubber boot and seems like it is going back to the carbs. any help would be awsome

#3 ·
Hey 2000zx - Is it spitting or backfiring. Spitting would almost certainly be a vacuum leak. Backfiring is probably a bad valve. When was the last time you cleaned the carb's..? Spray some carb cleaner around all the intake boot's. If that Idle shoot's up it's a vacuum leak for sure. It can leak from where the boot meet's the manifold ( O ring or gasket..? ) where the carb's attatch to the boot's or the boot's could be so cracked and dried that getting a good seal is nearly impossible. The carb cleaner will tell the tale. I just bought an 87 Gsxr 1100 that was'nt taken care of and had to clean the carb's out,take out and replace all the jet's (and re-jet) and I am still waiting on the new manifold's.It was a total mess...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.