Motorcycle Forum banner

Should I pay MSRP for a new motorcycle?

15K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  chrisw 
#1 ·
I am looking at the Hyosung GV250 motorcycle, MSRP at $3700 bucks.

I have gotten on the bike and feel quite comfortable and not cramped at 6.0 tall.

The MPH is highest of all 250cc cruiser models around 90mph top speed as well as the seat hight being one of the highest and overall has gotten huge praise by many motorcycle reviews.

Now I want to get this bike in February and I will have that exact amount of money by then maybe a bit more around $3800. My question is, Should I indeed pay the MSRP price for a motorcycle? Basically the dealership wants to sell me the bike for $4200. I am going to pay in one payment all in cash (bills). Under these conditions I am willing to pay exactly what the price tag on the bike is and not a cent more. ($3700) Is that a fair deal for both me and the dealership yes or no?

Would a dealership agree to this?

If any of you have worked for or work for a dealership what tips do you have for me buying that motorcycle?

#2 ·
If your paying in cash, usually, dealerships are more inclined to work with you on price. You may actually be able to talk him down to the MSRP if you show him that you have the cash. Also, find out what bike dealers in the area have other bikes that would be comparable. If he balks at dealing, then you could let him know you are thinking of going to one of his competitors...

#7 ·
make sure you get the EFI model (if it comes on the 250's) they are great bikes, however I would strongly urge considering the EFI 650.

make sure you get it from a reputable dealer thats close by though, because if its anything like my GT650R, you will more than likely need a few warranty repairs (luckily its a 2 year unlimited km warranty).

If you live in a coastal area, I would actually suggest NOT buying a hyosung, just because they rust easy. but if your anal about your bike maintainance, go ahead and get one. they are great bikes with a low pricetag.

If you do get one, there is a few things to remember. change the plug to NGK ones asap for safety, and get better brake pads. thats about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.