Motorcycle Forum banner

How do I make my Exhaust Loud?

30K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  baddad0708 
#1 ·
I heard that I could poke holes in the baffles but it seems pretty shotty....
What have you guys done?
Thanks,
CKSURFER

G
#6 ·
^ Yup sure is. The parents of that same child (figuratively not you personally ;) ) didn’t mind when their decision to procreate screamed during for the full duration of my last 12 hour transatlantic flight. Karma goes both ways. :)

#9 ·
In an effort to steer this post back onto cksurfer’s original topic…
Here is an excellent exhaust mod FAQ & guide (w/ pics):
http://www.sa750.com/exhaust/exhaust.htm
Agreed.

I had an eperience with this before. Didn't mean for it to come out here like this though. An old neighbor of mine modded his exhauast to make it louder and not too many people on our street appreciated it at 2 o'clock in the morning.

#10 ·
Something to consider when changing or altering your exhaust..... You are changing the flow of air through your motor. The intake of air may be affected, and you may need to rejet and rebalance your carbs, which, is THE MOST FUN EVER!

I've heard of people drilling holes into the end of the baffle. I've heard of people removing the end of the exhaust, and taking the baffles out completely, thus making it a straight pipe. I personally took apart a canister muffler and fabricated my own custom baffle that lowered the restriction in the exhaust. Yes, it changed my airflow significantly, and I had to rejet. And that was on a single cylinder bike, so recognize the risks involved, and the time involved in making the bike run properly after your 'mod'.

It's fun, and louder, but it's alot of work also.

loudest143

#11 ·
Also keep in mind that you can actually REDUCE the power of your bike by doing a half-assed exhaust mod. And in the case of drag pipes, even when done correctly, you're still gonna lose a bunch of power unless your running the engine near its redline the whole time (they don't call 'em drag pipes for nuthin!).

Personally, I'd rather not sacrifice HP for dB...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.