Motorcycle Forum banner

Show me your scooter

16K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  chimper 
#1 ·
Got any pictures of your Scooter? :D

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)

49cc Tomos. 80 mpg, 30 mph.
This little guy taught me about counter steering, leaning, merging and flowing with traffic, etc.
Even though I own a Ninja 250 now, I wouldn't trade my experience on this
little guy for the world. I did sell him to help pay for the bike, but it was
the best money I've spent in a long time.

#15 ·
I dont really remember....it was old though...not like the new ones. I bought it new from Pensacola Motorsports after one of my friends got his, so we could go on scooter rides in Pensacola.
The one I had was a 50cc two stroke, very nice little scooter, perfect in town commuter. It was pre-EPA though, I remember that. It would only cruise along at 40mph stock. But you could easily bump it up to do 48mph if you wanted to do a little work to it.

I know now they have the 125cc versions, but I dont know what they will do on the top end.

#28 ·
We were on vacation in Turkey recently. These deliver scooters were every where. I saw a UPS scooter and even McDonalds uses scooters for delivery (like pizza places deliver in the USA) All of them had scrapes on the sides from lane splitting gone wrong. We called it the Istanbul stipe. These riders took chances I would never even think of.

Attachments

#29 ·
I love zumas. Sucks yours got stolen... I'm paranoid about parking my scooter too long anywhere. I'm told people can start them pretty easy with a screwdriver and some knowhow, they dont even have to pick them up to throw them in the back of a pickup

makes me want to wire up an ignition kill switch... hmm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.