Too bad you disconnected all the cables from that carb - resetting the sync cable from the start can be a bitch, and requires vacuum gauges and a running engine.
I might be missing something here, but I don't see how I would have changed the presets in it when I took it off. Both cables going to it had a ball on the end, and I simple disconneted it the same way I disconnect the throttle cable on any other car. The idle screw, nuts for the cables ect did not change, there was a single screw that release the part that held the outer section of the cables, so when I put it back it should have lined up exactly where it was before.
Anyways, the choke was by far the hardest thing to get back on. The outer screw was a nightmare to get on with the little clip and spring. I did get it back on though.
Oh, and by the way.... FIXED.
I checked the float high vs the measurements you gave me, and it was spot on. The only thing I can think of is I must have cleared out some gunk or something. I didn't see any debris inside, but I did go ahead and clean it out real good anyways and blew air and carb cleaner through all the passages. Bolted it back together, and it fired right up, nothing come out of the overflow. It backfired twice and then ran smooth. I started putting everything back together and cleaned it really good while I was at it.
I test rode it down to the gas station to top it off. I didn't realize it, but I was pretty low on fuel and it died while riding. Switched to reserve, and it came alive again right away. Thank goodness!
Anyways, I think I am in the clear for now.